+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 253 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Is the boy Henderson a left weenger or a creative attackiing midfielder?
    The latter. 👏🏼

Article on Henderson.

Contracted till 2022 so would require a development fee as Utd are looking at a permanent deal.

https://videocelts.com/2020/09/blogs...ic-midfielder/

feeling underwhelmed with this, agree with whitfield in regards to surely to f uck MM knows of good players down south rather than looking at celtic under 20's

It's a strange one. He was highly rated at Celtic and still is amongst the fans. I actually remember his first start vs Motherwell under Rodgers when he got MOTM and the media were gushing over him. Then Lennon came in and he hasn't really had a look in. He's certainly very tidy on the ball & the type of player we're looking for in the middle of the park. At 20 years old though and with very little first team experience, is he ready to be the midfield playmaker that we need?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's a strange one. He was highly rated at Celtic and still is amongst the fans. I actually remember his first start vs Motherwell under Rodgers when he got MOTM and the media were gushing over him. Then Lennon came in and he hasn't really had a look in. He's certainly very tidy on the ball & the type of player we're looking for in the middle of the park. At 20 years old though and with very little first team experience, is he ready to be the midfield playmaker that we need?
    thats what worries me, the pressure to perform at that age.

If he'd came through the Utd ranks it would be different. He'd be settled, familiar with the club, the management, the players and that pressure wouldn't be there but it's a big move for the boy at his age.

If our scouts know Henderson and rate him and he’s at the right cost then I’ve no problem at all with signing him

I’m prepared to back the Manager in his judgement but on the face of it it doesn’t sound like what we need at this exact moment as he sounds like more one for the future but we’ve got to give it a chance I suppose. I’m not sure what message it says to Declan Glass though quite frankly.

Either way we need transfer movement this week with the emphasis on ensuring Safranko is a United player by the end of it. The time for evaluating the playing resources available and judging what is needed extra has passed. Better player resources need bringing in as a matter of priority now.

He's 20, not 13. Does a loan deal not sound better though cos that would mean Celtic wanted him back?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Either way we need transfer movement this week with the emphasis on ensuring Safranko is a United player by the end of it. The time for evaluating the playing resources available and judging what is needed extra has passed. Better player resources need bringing in as a matter of priority now.
    Totally agree. Time is getting on, and by that I don't mean the transfer window shutting, I mean the manager has been in long enough to realise the current squad of players isn't good enough. Signings are needed. It's been a total damp squib on that front for me. Maybe if we cause enough unrest big Tony will pass a few names onto his pal at the Record to get us excited for a few days. 😉

Page 102 of 253 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)