+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 113 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    What development squad ? There is no reserve league this year
    So what are the rest of the development squad doing?

The lack of signings is very very frustrating but I think we need to show some patience and trust in TA and MM on this. It's possible they've over reached but we don't know that for sure. If the club hadn't tried to sign LS we wouldn't have him.

It's worrying though and we might take another hiding on Saturday but we have to keep the faith. They will know what's needed, we just have to stay patient while they get it.

Meantime I hope the boys can get back to the performance levels of the Celtic game.

Edit to add, so much focus on strikers but for me an attacking midfielder is a higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Edit to add, so much focus on strikers but for me an attacking midfielder is a higher priority.
    Correct. A concern of mine is that the manager thinks Butcher, Harkes & Pawlett are good enough. Three ever presents in the centre of midfield. They offer very little in an attacking sense and like you say, we haven't been linked with a single attacking midfielder. I guess time will tell but until we sort out the service, we could have five LOA's up front and it wouldn't matter a jot.

I feel we have lots of central attacking mids or players to support strikers. Need some pace or more options on the wings

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I feel we have lots of central attacking mids or players to support strikers. Need some pace or more options on the wings
    Are you seriously saying our midfield options are ok? It's one of the reasons our defence is constantly under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Are you seriously saying our midfield options are ok? It's one of the reasons our defence is constantly under pressure.
    This 100%, MM has twigged we have to defend from the front to try and protect the defence because our midfield can't.
    Butcher as a midfielder too slow and no savvy for this league
    Our midfield may try to create but the majority of the time they give it away cheaply when they do.
    Pawlett, MacMullan either can't penetrate, can't shoot or can't cross.
    Jury still out on Harkes but losing patience tbh.
    Shanks may bring others into it and hold the ball when he comes back but this doesn't take away from what Pawlett and Paul can't seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Butcher as a midfielder too slow and no savvy for this league
    Jury still out on Harkes but losing patience tbh.
    I'm glad someone else is able to see what I was shouting about last season. These two are just not good enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm glad someone else is able to see what I was shouting about last season. These two are just not good enough imo.
    It’s all about opinions. ;-)

I like harkes, he can be frustrating however in our best games he’s often been one of our top three players. He’s had to shift role frequently and has adapted well, albeit a couple of goals would tip him forwards, literally

Butcher is still work in progress, nonetheless he has played a huge part in getting us to were we are now, IMHO his best years in this league are still to come: Dillon showed how attitude and application can add a level of performance and my money is on Butcher doing the same. Like Davie Bowman hope to see him around Tannadice for years to come.

Butcher is being exposed badly through no fault of his own. Now we are playing against better players it's important that when the ball goes beyond the back 5 we can hold it and start to create. The players in front of Butcher can't do that and as a result the pressure comes straight back onto the defence.

The combination of Pawlett Harkes and whoever else is selected alongside them isn't strong enough. I'm not saying they're bad players but to hold our own in this league we really need to add some better quality in there. I've been very critical of Harkes and I stand by that based on what I've seen last season and this season but if we could add a quality partner beside him he will be a much better player for us.

Page 113 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)