+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 115 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Butcher dominated the championship due to his physical presence was more than most champ teams had so he could bully players. In the Prem most teams have a similar style of player (Gary Dic*er at killie, Bartley at livi etc) so hes not able to intimidate or bully players as much. he is still useful but just dont think he is as influential as he was last year. I actually think Powers is better suited in the prem. better on the ball, slightly more mobile and options he gives players on the ball are better that Butch.

I like butcher but i dont think he is the sort of guy who can play every game this season as it doesnt suit him as much.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    I actually think Powers is better suited in the prem. better on the ball, slightly more mobile and options he gives players on the ball are better that Butch.
    I've said this about Powers in the past. His best games for us were the two games vs Hibs. I think he's more suited to the Premiership where he's going to have a bit more space to work instead of being in a stifly Championship dogfight trying to break down two solid defensive banks of four. I suspect we'll be watching him this weekend so we'll get to see how he fares making the step up, albeit we're probably already on a hiding to nothing.

I think if Butcher wasn't in the midfield you'd find we'd get bullied out of games. The bigger issue in midfield for me isn't Butcher or Harkes but instead the lack of creativity being provided by Pawlett. His work rate is exceptional but he just isn't creating like we need.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think if Butcher wasn't in the midfield you'd find we'd get bullied out of games. The bigger issue in midfield for me isn't Butcher or Harkes but instead the lack of creativity being provided by Pawlett. His work rate is exceptional but he just isn't creating like we need.
    Agreed

Can we not get a midfield protector that can actually play a bit as well though? Butcher done well against Celtic because all he had to do was stop Celtic playing and that was that but against most of the other teams in the league he not only has to break down the opposition play but be useful in attack too.

I agree with your point re Pawlett though.

If we tried to replace him from within the current squad, chances are you may be correct as Powers is the only alternative. I'd be hoping we could replace him with a signing who is able to control the midfield with his ability as opposed to his bully boy tactics.

Agreed with you on Pawlett. I think everyone would agree with you on Pawlett though.

Well I'll keep saying it - Butcher is not the problem it's what's in front of him that's the problem. I do agree that Powers has earned his chance though.

Pawlett has shaped up in amazing fashion this season and seems to be extremely fit. Is he what we need - only if he finds final ball. Id play butcher at back if edwards isnt fit enough and bring powers in. prob best matching them with 5 in midfield as well. i would start sporle on left in midfield and probably appere up front. will be a tough shift aye but he can hold the ball up. anything less than a 3-0 defeat and i will be happy enough

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Pawlett has shaped up in amazing fashion this season and seems to be extremely fit. Is he what we need - only if he finds final ball. Id play butcher at back if edwards isnt fit enough and bring powers in. prob best matching them with 5 in midfield as well. i would start sporle on left in midfield and probably appere up front. will be a tough shift aye but he can hold the ball up. anything less than a 3-0 defeat and i will be happy enough
    Powers to start is the word on the pavey. Back three/five so can only imagine Butcher is going back, unless we go with Edwards and Neilson beside Reynolds. Ballsy move if that's the case.

Wrong thread for this but I'll be unpopular and say Neilson would be ripped apart by Ryan Kent. Freeman not so much.

Page 115 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)