+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 125 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    As much as we all want new signings, I think we supporters must be realistic, and see that most football clubs, including United, are struggling to financially survive. I'd much rather my club survived this pandemic, and if that meant controlling costs by not signing new players, then so be it.
    The manager keeps saying we're working on signings and Scott Burns is being fed transfer rumours from within the club, so you can't blame supporters for being 'unrealistic' when our management themselves are saying we will be signing players.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The manager keeps saying we're working on signings and Scott Burns is being fed transfer rumours from within the club, so you can't blame supporters for being 'unrealistic' when our management themselves are saying we will be signing players.
    Agree. Yes of Course we all want our club to survive. What Arab doesn’t. We played well last week but we have to remember we were playing a team that has now taken one point from a possible 15. I’m not saying we need to blow our budget in these uncertain times. I’m sure there will be loan deals to be had, and we can’t as supporters be blamed for questioning any failure to bring in one or two fresh faces when we are being drip fed the expectation that signings are just around the corner. I believe our owners have the right business acumen to not jeopardise what has already been built. But Scottish football as a whole is in a precarious position that will require government funding to survive in its current format.

Hopefully players loaned out is only till christmas time or in our powers to bring back whenever we want if no players do come in.

There will be players coming in, its been said so many times

Would be interested to see how loaning out players works, given they are going to clubs without testing.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Would be interested to see how loaning out players works, given they are going to clubs without testing.
    and without money mate.One of them(Peterhead)have already said they maybe closed by Christmas.

Do we not test at least twice a week and players going out on loan to lower league clubs will still train with us most of the time so they would continue to be tested by us.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Do we not test at least twice a week and players going out on loan to lower league clubs will still train with us most of the time so they would continue to be tested by us.��
    That was my understanding of it Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    That was my understanding of it Jedi
    Morning J.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Do we not test at least twice a week and players going out on loan to lower league clubs will still train with us most of the time so they would continue to be tested by us.🤔
    Yes but assuming they go & train once a week with their loan club and then play the Saturday game. All with players who aren't being tested. There has to be a fairly big element of risk involved. Pre-match, half time and post match in the changing rooms with 18 other untested players plus a 90 minute game.

Page 125 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)