+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 253 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    With Watson jettisoned United better be bringing in a decent CD. If our central pairing is Connolly and Reynolds next season we will be slaughtered. They weren't good enough in the championship. Watson was the only one that shown any stability.
    Both Connolly and Reynolds are capable of playing in the Premiership. However, its going to be important that we sign at least 1 (preferably 2) centre backs who are maybe a little younger. Their experience will be important in a number of games, however I cant see those two playing together very often.

Sorry mate I don’t think either of them are capable of playing in the premiership. They got away with murder each time they played it out from the back In the championship, and if they continue to attempt that in the prem we will get crucified! 2 new CB with those 2 as back up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Sorry mate I don’t think either of them are capable of playing in the premiership. They got away with murder each time they played it out from the back In the championship, and if they continue to attempt that in the prem we will get crucified! 2 new CB with those 2 as back up for me.
    Time will tell I guess. Not saying we shouldnt be on the lookout for 2 new CH's (we definitely should) but I think their experience will get them through a lot of games. Also we will be under the cosh a lot more next season with lots of high balls into the box etc and both of them are very strong in the air. Again, I'm not saying they will be star players for us, but I'm fairly comfortable with them being in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Time will tell I guess. Not saying we shouldnt be on the lookout for 2 new CH's (we definitely should) but I think their experience will get them through a lot of games. Also we will be under the cosh a lot more next season with lots of high balls into the box etc and both of them are very strong in the air. Again, I'm not saying they will be star players for us, but I'm fairly comfortable with them being in the squad.
    Agree with this. Personally I think the deficiencies of both are vastly over-stated by some.

I don't think any of the three of them were of the standard required tbh. Maybe against the lesser teams they'd have got through okay, but coming up against your top 5 or 6, they just wouldn't have been good enough imo. If we're aiming for top six, we need better.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't think any of the three of them were of the standard required tbh. Maybe against the lesser teams they'd have got through okay, but coming up against your top 5 or 6, they just wouldn't have been good enough imo. If we're aiming for top six, we need better.
    Not saying we don't need at least 1CH but I reckon in championship they maybe had to much time not being under pressure on ball and inactive with teams playing 10 in defence against us. In premiership they won't have so much time to play about with ball and needing to defend lot more maybe up the game they need to defend better. As long as he doesn't put Reynolds at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Not saying we don't need at least 1CH but I reckon in championship they maybe had to much time not being under pressure on ball and inactive with teams playing 10 in defence against us. In premiership they won't have so much time to play about with ball and needing to defend lot more maybe up the game they need to defend better. As long as he doesn't put Reynolds at left back.
    Only really did that once tbh and it worked a treat haha. 4-1 win. Yes he flogged the goal but it was just a stop-gap with Robson injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Six goals conceded in two games vs Hibs? I think it'll be the opposite tbh, and I don't think it stops at the centre halves either. The full backs were both annihilated at Easter Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Six goals conceded in two games vs Hibs? I think it'll be the opposite tbh, and I don't think it stops at the centre halves either. The full backs were both annihilated at Easter Rd.
    I think we need at least one CB in the Darren Dods Lee Wilkie style. No disrespect to Connolly or Reynolds but as someone else said top 6 teams will rip us one.

Darren Dodds ... ... Lee Wilkie .... now they were proper Central Defenders.
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 22-05-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Page 13 of 253 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)