+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's a Fuch sake in that we have spent time and money developing a guy and haven't even got to see the fruits of our labour on the park. Our business strategy is to develop players for the first team first & foremost, not to develop them and sell them before they even kick a ball. Disappointing but one of these things that happens now & then I guess.
    I get what you say about not seeing him develop into a first tram player but two things spring to mind. The first is that when the club invested heavily in youth development under the Ogrens no one ever said that only players who reach the first team will be sold. We're a business at the end of the day.

The second is that the player himself and his family may have wanted the move as the next stage of his development and he's not done a Scott Allan here. We have to show a pathway to the best young talent regardless of age so that parents choose us over other clubs as guardians of their kids. I agree that I'd be annoyed if we were selling off all our young talent at 16 years of age but we're not, it's a mix.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I get what you say about not seeing him develop into a first tram player but two things spring to mind. The first is that when the club invested heavily in youth development under the Ogrens no one ever said that only players who reach the first team will be sold. We're a business at the end of the day.

The second is that the player himself and his family may have wanted the move as the next stage of his development and he's not done a Scott Allan here. We have to show a pathway to the best young talent regardless of age so that parents choose us over other clubs as guardians of their kids. I agree that I'd be annoyed if we were selling off all our young talent at 16 years of age but we're not, it's a mix.
    No one said that no, what was said however was that we are developing players for the first team. Ideally we'd not be spending money developing players only for them to fuch off before we get any game time out of them.

Like I said however, it's just one of these things that happens and it's a risk we take. Still a bummer not getting to see the boy play.

No one said that no, what was said however was that we are developing players for the first team. Ideally we'd not be spending money developing players only for them to fuch off before we get any game time out of them.

Like I said however, it's just one of these things that happens and it's a risk we take. Still a bummer not getting to see the boy play.
    Sorry if I picked you up wrong. I'm just saying how I see it, ie we can't expect that 100% all young talent will reach the first team.

Thinking back to Bale and Reguilon, the latter who played last night, it seems that 'elite sportsmen' have certain exemptions from the rule.
    Of course that is in England and even the politicians down there don't know what the rules are (including the PM it seems). I'm fairly sure in Scotland he'll need to isolate but, yes it depends where he is coming from, likely to be Spain or France I'd have thought. I haven't heard anything to the contrary with regards to sports anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course that is in England and even the politicians down there don't know what the rules are (including the PM it seems). I'm fairly sure in Scotland he'll need to isolate but, yes it depends where he is coming from, likely to be Spain or France I'd have thought. I haven't heard anything to the contrary with regards to sports anyway.
    Tbf, every news article is saying he'll have to quarantine. They said that about Bale as well however. 😂

15 yrs old for crying out loud. So he will be in digs at 16 somewhere in England during no doubt a pandemic WHY? If he is going to be a player why not stay at home for a couple of years get some game time grow up a bit then get the move you (might) deserve? Jesus we will be in the child slave market in a couple of years!!!
    Edit to add, how much can a club get for a 16 yr old and what position are utd in to negotiate future transfers etc? Find the whole thing hard to believe being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Hall View Post
    . I'm not sure if he has to isolate or not but if he does I can't see why he would bring his family over with him, also how would he be able to do a medical?

El Deportivo Alavés y el Dundee United han alcanzado un acuerdo para el traspaso de Jeando Fuchs.

Tras permanecer durante la temporada 2019-2020 cedido en el Maccabi Haifa, el centrocampista camerunés se embarca ahora en el proyecto dirigido por Mickey Mellon.

Desde el club albiazul deseamos a Fuchs la mejor de las suertes en su nueva etapa en Escocia.

Mila esker, Fuchs!

which in English is
    Deportivo Alavés and Dundee United have reached an agreement for the transfer of Jeando Fuchs.

After spending the 2019-2020 season on loan at Maccabi Haifa, the Cameroonian midfielder is now embarking on the project led by Mickey Mellon.

From the albiazul club we wish Fuchs the best of luck in his new stage in Scotland.

Mila esker, Fuchs!

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    . I'm not sure if he has to isolate or not but if he does I can't see why he would bring his family over with him, also how would he be able to do a medical?
    He maybe has a partner/wife/kids who want to be with him? The medical is a bit strange. There's maybe protocol clubs can follow to get such procedures done.

Page 141 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)