+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 200 of 253 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Utd are already in talks with Clark. Issue is I dnt think we are in a position to offer any contracts at the moment. That being the case Clark is 29 and you cldnt blame him for looking at possible offers to secure his future.

When you put yourself in the shoes of a player and think if you knew you COULD be out of a job in 6 months then you'd do the same. Like above though, Nicky said himself on his DUTV interview with Dillo that talks had started (I'm sure he said this, could be wrong).

The only trouble is, if we offer a 1 year deal and Dundee offer a 2 year deal... what does he do? It's a difficult one. There's no denying he is an important player for us (although now that this news is out many will talk him down). There is no getting away from how important he has been for us. I hope we get him tied down.

Think it would be a bit of a disaster if we allowed Clark to sign a pre-contract, then be told he will no longer feature in the first team. Bit of a round peg just now with the role he playing, but he is doing a job for the team and his goals speak for themselves.

Clarks a great player for us and has been since he signed, yes he’s been injured but he’s been a top player for us with some really important goals

I would not want him to leave and being honest if he does it should be for another premier team and not the championship as this season he has proven that he can perform at the top so that’s where he should be playing next season and after!

Surely this is just reporter sensationalising. Would Dundee be interested in Clark if we didn't offer or he didn't accept a new deal with us? Answer is yes, but this suddenly becomes Dundee ready to 'swoop'?

It could just be paper talk or it could be that they've resigned themselves to the championship for another season and next season is last chance saloon for the yanks and they're throwing everything they can at getting back up. Just like what we did really....\

End of the day Clark is out of contract so other clubs can make him offers, just so happens the sleeping giant has been revealed as one, there should be alot more given how Clark has performed this season but the club have said we're speaking tom him and Smith

Just on Liam Smith heard Hibs are sniffing about him

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    It could just be paper talk or it could be that they've resigned themselves to the championship for another season and next season is last chance saloon for the yanks and they're throwing everything they can at getting back up. Just like what we did really....\

End of the day Clark is out of contract so other clubs can make him offers, just so happens the sleeping giant has been revealed as one, there should be alot more given how Clark has performed this season but the club have said we're speaking tom him and Smith

Just on Liam Smith heard Hibs are sniffing about him
    Of all the players that are out of contract in the summer, Smith and Clark are the two I want to see stay. Hopefully the club do enough to keep them here.

We do have players who can play in there positions. Freeman getting rave reviews at Peterhead and you have a number of attacking players that could come in should Clark not be here next season, however, I'd much rather see those two in Tangerine next season. Clark our best penalty taker since???

Also, direct quotes from both:

Clark’s deal at Tannadice runs out next summer and signalled his intentions to speak to the club about an extension this week.

He said: “It’s up in the summer. Obviously, you can do pre-contract stuff in January so we’ll just need to see what happens over the next few days and take it from there.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liam Smith wants to stay at Dundee United but is prepared to wait on a new deal until the Covid-19 fog clears.

The right-back’s current contract expires at the end of the season so, in normal times, renewal negotiations between him and the club would have been at an advanced stage.

However, with the coronavirus pandemic still hanging like a dark cloud over Scottish football, Smith is prepared to be patient.

As he geared up for this afternoon’s Premiership trip to Easter Road to take on Hibs, Smith said: “With everything that’s going on at the moment, in terms of the financial side of things at the club, there have been mentions but there has been nothing put to me that’s concrete.

“There have been discussions so I am sure it is something we will address once everything blows over.

“We will then sit down and see what’s best.”

Asked if he would like to remain with the Tangerines, he replied: “Yeah, I think so, yes.

“United are a big club and they are now back in the Premiership so it’s standing in good stead and going forward.

“It’s a good place to be at the moment and I’m happy to see what comes of it.”

Agreed Bud, Smith consistent and reliable and Clark a goal scorer. Both must stay IMO

Do the mighty dee not want King?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Agreed Bud, Smith consistent and reliable and Clark a goal scorer. Both must stay IMO

Do the mighty dee not want King?
    Nae coont wants King!

Page 200 of 253 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)