+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 253 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Throast, good to see you again. One thing that I am wondering about is why the Dee faithful have readily accepted....., nay I should say have salivated over, their Club's signing of Sow and McMullan and were poised to celebrate the possible road crossing of Clarke, when previously they had regarded these players as human waste? Are you able to offer an explanation? It's all a bit uncanny!
    here thats a good point, mind of the nae DABS welcome, keep Dundee pure, tainted, blah blah blah

Happy to keep Liam Smith.

I think he has put in a good shift for us since he signed. And I think there is a chance for him to improve himself over the next 18 months.

If he can work on a dead-ball situations (free kicks, corners etc) and add a wee bit of strength and pace to his game, then I think he will benefit himself and the club.

Ultimately, he will be challenged for his position. Whether that be as a result of a young player coming to fruition, or a Fuchs-standard signing, now is the time for him to focus on his career and work to be the best he can be.

Happy to keep Smith and Clark , as for McMullen going to the land that time forgot , wish him all the best , had some decent games and some shockers , will no doubt do a job there in the championship but for where we want to be its best he goes , we need better

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Happy to keep Smith and Clark , as for McMullen going to the land that time forgot , wish him all the best , had some decent games and some shockers , will no doubt do a job there in the championship but for where we want to be its best he goes , we need better
    Ye,I agree. I'd have been happier with a longer contract for Smith though. At 24 he's still got great potential and perhaps a decent sell on. The Clark extension was probably just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    No real surprise Sow was mocked when he arrived at Dens...now scored 7 in 4 games...you know how it works...as for McMullan the very thing our team is short of is pace and he definitely gives us that so potentially a good signing for us...time will tell
    I applaud your honesty, Throast. Is there a sneaky feeling that ex-Shed players can improve the Dees?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Great news

Really like him as a player, think he and Robson are very solid (apart from Robson losing his men at corners recently) full backs entering their prime years

Next season may see the best of them if we can strengthen and play four at the back regular
    Excellent news. Not just a good player but an absolute gent too. Before both my folks passed away with corona at the end of the year he was their next door neighbor and would check on them to see if they needed anything picked up from shops etc. Add to that that my young lad had to go in for a minor operation last year and my old man had a United top and asked if he could sign it so they could send it over here—he duly got the whole first team to sign it. Great guy.

Smiths been okay. Works hard. A fairly solid 6/10 most weeks. Could we do better? Absolutely. Likewise on the other side with Robson. The formation we play is relying on them to be one of our main sources for creating chances but it rarely happens. Both need to kick on and find an extra 10% from somewhere. Both would benefit from competition in their positions. Won't be happening anytime soon unfortunately unless Freeman lives up to McInallys praises of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    here thats a good point, mind of the nae DABS welcome, keep Dundee pure, tainted, blah blah blah
    They are signing Champsionship level players who are playing or have played for us.... fine by me. If they lined up with those players against us in future I would 100% expect us to have significantly improved on them.....if we havent then we have massively failed in the transfer market

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    They are signing Champsionship level players who are playing or have played for us.... fine by me. If they lined up with those players against us in future I would 100% expect us to have significantly improved on them.....if we havent then we have massively failed in the transfer market
    agree mate, totally agree

In today’s Herald that we are after Declan Gallagher and are prepared to make him one of our top earners

Page 210 of 253 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)