+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    The Dundee team just need time to Gel. 46 years they should be set by now though?
    They have something we will never have. The delusion of a scotsman journalist who proclaims winning trophies isnt important its relegating utd. So need to gel they reached their Nirvana.

Aye but promoting us was even more important to the Funplex CEO

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Aye but promoting us was even more important to the Funplex CEO
    Important to note - the doon derby whilst the greatest moment of most of funsters life was actually meaningless - we were already going down.

The funster vote this week however. Who knows what might have happened Politically with Sevco and spfl if the funsters and their ceo had not performed an embarrassing u turn in order to promote us

Many thanks to the Fun - the gift that keeps on giving

Re the new signings needed, a midfielder with the license to be creative, not convinced Harkes is that despite his potential.
    Better still a 5 in midfield with 2 of Kirkwood/McInally/Bowman giving a 3 of Gauld/Russell/Allen/Bannon room to pick holes and supply the Shanklands aided by a partner to hold up and link up.
    A central defence with instructions to defend and not be wannabe midfield maestros. Would have loved to have seen a Butcher/Watson pairing develop but got to think now we're up we can attract a decent standard. Surely a Petric out there waiting to be discovered and a solid right back Holt type
    Another Andy Robertson would be the icing but sadly Robson is nowhere near, shame cos we've got previous of top class left backs, Malpas, Kopel to name but 2.

A counter attacking fit and pacy team has been what most of us were brought up on.

Tippy tappy slow and sideways us not us, Robbie needs to study the old tapes and get his team on the case.

We definitely need both pace and physique to the squad.
    A goalkeep, two full backs, two centre backs . A creative midfielder and two forwards (one of them a wide left) mimumum.

There will need to be a mini clearout to achieve this. Sporle, King, Deniz, Bingham, Reynolds or Connolly Sow and Watson.

I'd be happy to reestablish in first season back, with second season the one where we look to kick on.

l will be happy if we and a lot of others have a team to support. When this virus is finally beaten.

A proper winger for either side, a better creative midfielder, two centre backs and back up left back.

I’d also like to see the boy Nisbet, although I think Shanks will stay another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_Kris View Post
    A proper winger for either side, a better creative midfielder, two centre backs and back up left back.

I’d also like to see the boy Nisbet, although I think Shanks will stay another year.
    I agree, we need another winger. McMullan can be really good and there is definite potential but I think he'll always be inconsistent so we need something else too.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree, we need another winger. McMullan can be really good and there is definite potential but I think he'll always be inconsistent so we need something else too.
    I can’t see McMullan making a major impact in the prem in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_Kris View Post
    I can’t see McMullan making a major impact in the prem in all honesty.
    His work rate/attitude when fully fit is outstanding. His pace is pretty fast. His trickery is decent. The problem is his crossing of a ball for a pro player is diabolical. I know he has put in a few good assists but on average the times he has skinned or just went past a player and delivered either an accurate or dangerous ball is very very low.

I like him and always want him to do well but averages don't lie, and moving up a league against faster and more savvy player might prove to be a step to far for the lad.

Happy to be proven wrong tho.... over to you Paul.

Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)