+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Agree McMillan has had plenty of time to prove his worth and in my opinion has failed to cut the mustard at United. He is at best a championship player and even at that is too inconsistent.

Would definitely keep Watson. Bt as said earlier I dnt think Robbie favours him so he will likely go. Wld definitely break up the Connelly Reynolds partnership and wld only keep one of them as back up.
    I think McMullan could do a job in the prem.

As said above we won’t just have teams sitting in now which can help the attacking players.

We are not just playing rangers and Celtic but St J, St M and Hamilton. Against those types of teams he can definitely still create some goals

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think McMullan could do a job in the prem.

As said above we won’t just have teams sitting in now which can help the attacking players.

We are not just playing rangers and Celtic but St J, St M and Hamilton. Against those types of teams he can definitely still create some goals
    Disagree with this.

The problem with McMullan has nothing to do with teams sitting in. His problem is that he can have all the space, and all the time in the world, yet he simply does not/cannot pick out a man with a cross. He runs to the line, head down and throws it in, anywhere. Whilst he continues to do that, he will not create the amount of goals we need him to create. He's done it for years, so I see no reason why that's suddenly going to change just because we are playing better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You'll need to do something to replace him😆😆
    You'll need to do f **k all to replace Hemmings

Hemmings had a huge advantage of course because, on paper, he had the best players in the Championship to assist him.

Rumour elsewhere that we are after John Souttar

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Rumour elsewhere that we are after John Souttar
    Mmm - John Souttar leaves sinking ship Dundee United to join Hearts. Fast forward 4 years - John Souttar leaves sinking ship Hearts to re-join Dundee United.

He polarises opinions a bit, but for the very fact of the above, it’s a NO from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Mmm - John Souttar leaves sinking ship Dundee United to join Hearts. Fast forward 4 years - John Souttar leaves sinking ship Hearts to re-join Dundee United.

He polarises opinions a bit, but for the very fact of the above, it’s a NO from me.
    Yeah definitely will/would divide opinions.
    But there's no loyalty in football, it's a short career, so a yes from me. Looked vastly improved when getting regular games at the hertz

Edit to add (if I use the edit button it deletes my posts for some reason) One negative is that if he came back, settled in then had a couple of poor performances would the fans stick with him, so when you think about it the player himself might kybosh the whole idea.

Page 5 of 253 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)