+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 253 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Been a good signing Watson, wish him all the best for the future.

Good luck to the other lads who are leaving also.

Watson did us great but he was limited. Granted if there was any consistency with regard departures then Connolly...........

However, it was clear as day that we needed a good CH who is strong but can play a bit. I still think Reynolds has a good brain on him, a bit like Malpas when he moved to centre in his latter years, but like Maurice had with Pressley, Reynolds needs that sort of player beside him who will not leave him exposed. I had thought about the ex Funster Hendry from Septic but he's been badly injured while on loan........

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Yeah definitely will/would divide opinions.
    But there's no loyalty in football, it's a short career, so a yes from me. Looked vastly improved when getting regular games at the hertz
    Yes from me too. The type of player we will need. I don’t hold any hard feelings about hm leaving, he was getting movd around the pitch and getting a hard time from fans. He did what he thought was best for him.

Not sure about souttar / I have always thought he was overrated even when he played for us.

Maybe for me and doubt he’d be interested anyway.

Robbie on DF podcast has said he wants more pace.

I expect that we will be going for proven premier league performers to improve it

Its refreshing to see that business is starting early with an intent to remove under performers and plan for the prem.

Clear to see who Robbie favours. Wld definitely have got rid of Connelly before Watson. Reynolds distribution is also woeful and if we continue to play out from back through him we will get crucified in prem. Hopefully 2 new CB on the list.

Watson was our defender but isn't good enough for the Premiership imo. Wtf does that say about the other two though? It's a frightening thought. Hopefully they'll be backup and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Watson was our defender but isn't good enough for the Premiership imo. Wtf does that say about the other two though? It's a frightening thought. Hopefully they'll be backup and nothing more.
    Based on the past year and a half watching the other two its fleggy as f uck to think about starting with them

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agreed. Reynolds was playing well at the time he got his deal but 3 yrs FFS That wasn't exactly forward planning with the top league in mind.

We need a number of quality players though so I'd imagine and hope there will be more players in and out.

3 year deal. Jesus! Even if he was playing well, who gets 3 year deals these days, never mind at the stage of career he's at. He'll be 35 at the end of that contract.

Page 8 of 253 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)