+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 84 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

it was shown numerous times last season that our bad runs last season came mainly down to 2 root causes. Defensively it was the inclusion of Connolly and attacking wise it was the inclusion of Pawlett.... both of whom have looked ok this season but we absolutely can and should do better than both of them based on their time with us so far.

Im ok with Connolly being extended as a squad player and would love to see him being regarded as our number 1 due to performances in this coming season as he certainly has the desire to want to do well.

I think he's been our best player so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    it was shown numerous times last season that our bad runs last season came mainly down to 2 root causes. Defensively it was the inclusion of Connolly and attacking wise it was the inclusion of Pawlett.... both of whom have looked ok this season but we absolutely can and should do better than both of them based on their time with us so far.

Im ok with Connolly being extended as a squad player and would love to see him being regarded as our number 1 due to performances in this coming season as he certainly has the desire to want to do well.
    Excellent post. Connolly can be a frustrating player and certainly not the most skillful but he does give 100% and I certainly don't want him to fail. Doesn't mean we have to ignore it when he does something stupid though.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Excellent post. Connolly can be a frustrating player and certainly not the most skillful but he does give 100% and I certainly don't want him to fail. Doesn't mean we have to ignore it when he does something stupid though.
    Agree with this, his balls up versus StJ was comical.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    There are so many fans on here who can't wait for Connolly's next mistake. And if he doesn't make one then he nearly will have done. And if he has a good game then it's best ignored. It's not compulsory to have a boo-boy in the team. Some players are just prone to being mis-trusted without logic, others not. Butcher for example is in the latter category.
    Sorry but that's absolute nonsense. He's been given credit plenty of times on here in the past when it's been justified, but the fact of the matter is he does make mistakes and pretty glaring ones at that. He flogged the pre-season goal against Killie. He flogged the goal vs Saints. He also the first to blame others. No one can fault his effort & commitment, but to say he is mistrusted without logic is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think he's been our best player so far this season.

Easy tiger...or shld I say lion 😂 he has improved under MM and you can’t fault his commitment, but I wld say Jamie until his collision for me has been our best player. Still think the extension for Connelly cld have waited until end of year and if he continued to improve then by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Easy tiger...or shld I say lion 😂 he has improved under MM and you can’t fault his commitment, but I wld say Jamie until his collision for me has been our best player. Still think the extension for Connelly cld have waited until end of year and if he continued to improve then by all means.
    That's fair, Robson had been excellent too. Nothing much between them but I just think Connelly has been winning almost everything in the air so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's fair, Robson had been excellent too. Nothing much between them but I just think Connelly has been winning almost everything in the air so far this season.
    Reynolds hasn't put a foot wrong either tbf. Truth is our performances haven't been bad at all, just a little bit toothless up front without Shanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Reynolds hasn't put a foot wrong either tbf. Truth is our performances haven't been bad at all, just a little bit toothless up front without Shanks.
    Totally agree mate.

Tell you what, Barcelona might be in for Connolly and Reynolds after that first half showing 😂. Incidentally if Connolly had scored that own goal Bayern conceded this place would be murder!

Barcelona look like they will take a real hiding tonight, but as all Arabs know they are ****e anyway 😂

Page 84 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)