+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 253 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    No that mate, I just didn't think he was up to much before with us. No pace, poor 1st, not that great in the air and his link up play wasn't up to much but he did score some fantastic goals and his workrate was excellent.

Is he no getting a gemme in the Hungarian league? Has Shabba binned him?
    Personally, I thought his link up play was good. You are right about his work rate. He was our PotY the year we had him for a good reason. He was better quality than everyone else in the squad.

If we did get him, he would be coming into a better squad - and with a better manager than before. He's definately PL standard and I think he's one of the type of players we need in that final third.

I would love it to happen. A good player that genuinely likes the club and fans too.

My feelings exactly Cyber

If we got him, he'd be played properly. That is the BIG difference here. An isolated, lone striker he is not.

F*cking bring him back Tony........or are you just spoon feeding Burns sh*te to keep us happy???

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    F*cking bring him back Tony........or are you just spoon feeding Burns sh*te to keep us happy???
    So the first bump in the road arrives and this is the response, let's see what shape we're in at close of transfer window.
    I could understand this kind of post in previous era's but am scratching my head here as to why you suggest Tony is at it.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    So the first bump in the road arrives and this is the response, let's see what shape we're in at close of transfer window.
    I could understand this kind of post in previous era's but am scratching my head here as to why you suggest Tony is at it.
    i think the post was more in jest than anything, it made me laugh anyway

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i think the post was more in jest than anything, it made me laugh anyway
    Fair enough if that's the case, just wary these type of seeds being sown grows into negativity and splits support.
    The doom and gloom twonks amongst our support will feed off those type of posts

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Sorry but what's the 'first bump in the road' got to do with anything?

There seems to be a trend with us at the moment. Scott Burns is getting info from within the club (assumingly Ashgar), posting it on his twitter page, then we're left waiting and wondering. It a bit tedious & frustrating to be honest. How long have we been linked with Norwood and Safranko? It's into months now surely? Tony should just go about his business in a private and professional manner. If there is a signing to be had, then go and try to sign the player. Why leak it to your mate who you know is going to go online with it straight away. It's as if he's getting excited and can't keep his mouth shut and has to tell someone his 'news', knowing fine well his news will make it to the Utd fans.

So while I don't think he entirely 'at it', I don't see why he has to be leaking his info to his press pal quite so soon.

We need to give the board a bit of slack here. I could understand impatience if we’d lost our first six on the bounce and were currently sitting adrift and in need of changing things rapido. However putting Saturday to one side, MM and the squad have bought us some time (despite having a few injuries through this time including obviously Sir Lawrence). We are comfortably mid table where we anticipated/hoped we would be through the season. The transfer window runs through OCTOBER, so we have loads of time here and the results so far are giving us that time. In the current Covid climate we must use that time wisely.Bringing in knee jerk, impulsive signings for over the odds money is the last thing we need to be doing as it may end up putting an unbearable financial strain on the Club for no returns in the long term. The time to get these things right is there due to both the extended window and the efforts of the squad and manager to date. Let’s use that time wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    (assumingly Ashgar),
    Most clubs have a leak, my Q was why do you think it's Tony

You're all assuming Tony Asghar & the mysterious Scott Burns (who the **** is he, I'm not on Twitter thank ****) are besties and TA feeds SB carrots to appease the intrepid Forum posters. Which is probably a load of utter ****e.
    Transfer speculation is always rampant. Need to chill sorry..

Page 98 of 253 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)