+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I dont think anyone thinks we'll finish top 6 with our current squad. We will sign players. Micky is only just in the door.

The fact remains though that our current squad is still decent and we only need a few additions to make us a strong side in the Premiership.
    I agree with that, we have a very decent squad.

Also worth considering that other teams are struggling to build squads too. Likely there will be desire to bring in a couple of players, but delighted to hear he will give youth a chance.

I would concede a centre half would be useful, although I still think that is Butcher's best position personally. There are a couple of young lads fighting for that too.

No need to panic sign is all I am saying. Still time to make considered approaches

Appears Hearts tried to swoop last night to gazump Hibs for Nisbet, but he told them to GTF! GIRFUY Robbie ya ****ing prick! Although it pisses me off that Dunfermline turned down our £250,000 but are happy to take it off Hibs 🤔 Again though, skint Hearts who have suffered so much still throwing cash around, absolute joke!

Current best 11:

GK Benji
    CB Connolly
    CB Reynolds
    RB L Smith
    LB Robson
    CM Butcher
    CM Harkes
    RM McMullan
    LM Appere
    ST Clark
    ST Shankland

2nd 11:

GK Deniz
    CB Neilson
    CB Graham
    RB Freeman
    LB Sporle
    CM Powers
    CM Glass
    RM Chalmers
    LM Pawlett
    CAM Mochrie
    ST C Smith

Definitely some positions there that we are relying on youngsters as backup. I would love to see a team full of young players that we've produced from the academy making an impact this season but the chances of that are so slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Appears Hearts tried to swoop last night to gazump Hibs for Nisbet, but he told them to GTF! GIRFUY Robbie ya ****ing prick! Although it pisses me off that Dunfermline turned down our £250,000 but are happy to take it off Hibs �� Again though, skint Hearts who have suffered so much still throwing cash around, absolute joke!
    What’s frustrating is Hibs have got him for considerably less than we bid in January and if rumours are to be believed we were his preferred destination. It feels like we have missed out as a direct result of this nonsensical situation with Hearts both with the court case and taking our manager and back room team. And they have the temerity to put out statements questioning our actions? Phuck ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with that, we have a very decent squad.
    A squad that you'd like to think MM may get an extra 15% out of. Still think we need a good few first team signings (as many as five) to compete where we want to, top six. I think MM will get the funds he requires as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A squad that you'd like to think MM may get an extra 15% out of. Still think we need a good few first team signings (as many as five) to compete where we want to, top six. I think MM will get the funds he requires as well.
    I'm gutted we missed out on Nisbet, definitely down to Hearts that one. Just shows the temerity of the ****s when they tried to buy him last night, glad they got their pusses slapped by their near neighbours though!

Having said that, MM I'm sure has a great knowledge of the lower leagues in England and hopefully knows of some gems that won't cost as much and hopefully can improve our squad just as well.

I'm gutted we missed out on Nisbet, definitely down to Hearts that one. Just shows the temerity of the ****s when they tried to buy him last night, glad they got their pusses slapped by their near neighbours though!

Having said that, MM I'm sure has a great knowledge of the lower leagues in England and hopefully knows of some gems that won't cost as much and hopefully can improve our squad just as well.
    You would imagine there is a massive list of league 1 players that have been released this summer. Hopefully Micky can highlight a couple of gems.

I'm not so sure. I don't think we were ever getting him tbh. I think he always favoured Hibs. Of the two points of interest in January, he talked in length about the Hibs bid and said very little with regards ours.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm not so sure. I don't think we were ever getting him tbh. I think he always favoured Hibs. Of the two points of interest in January, he talked in length about the Hibs bid and said very little with regards ours.
    My thoughts also. Ps I'm not sucking up by the way, just happen to agree 😁

Page 47 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)