+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 253 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Kieran Freeman about to sign a 2 year deal according to The Courier

Means we're not after the boy who was at Killie then aye

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Robertson was starring in Prem and helped take us to cup final in 2014.

Shanks will be worth far more if we wait 6-12 months and let him show what he can do in the top league
    Correct, my point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Kieran Freeman about to sign a 2 year deal according to The Courier
    I think he’s a RB but according to courier he can play across the the back. Hope not but this looks like the young lad maybe utilised as cover. Unless he makes RB his.

On a general note, it’s good to see lads like this returning. Freeman was like Ali Coote, the Soutter brothers et al who couldn’t seem to get out of Dodge quick enough under the previous Ownership so it’s good to see that things are more positive now it would appear.

I'm sure he played left back in a reserves match too and can play at centre back although he isnt the tallest. The bigger squad we have, the better imo and if you have versatile players then even better. Also an academy graduate which probably plays a big part in the decision.

Depending on how much Covid scuppers transfer budgets etc, it could be that boys like Freeman, Graham, Davidson, Neilson, Mochrie are used a bit more than expected next season. Nothing wrong with that for me as long as they are good enough, and all the players mentioned appear to be highly rated. Graham and Davidson got rave reviews from their recent loans spells at Elgin and Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I'm sure he played left back in a reserves match too and can play at centre back although he isnt the tallest. The bigger squad we have, the better imo and if you have versatile players then even better. Also an academy graduate which probably plays a big part in the decision.

Depending on how much Covid scuppers transfer budgets etc, it could be that boys like Freeman, Graham, Davidson, Neilson, Mochrie are used a bit more than expected next season. Nothing wrong with that for me as long as they are good enough, and all the players mentioned appear to be highly rated. Graham and Davidson got rave reviews from their recent loans spells at Elgin and Queens.
    That’s really great to hear about the young lads on loan.

This seems sensible signing. He can provide cover for Liam Smith who will obviously be first choice - Smith was probably our most consistent performer last season, except for Shanks !

I really like Smith, you know what you're going to get with him every game, shame he cant chip in with a goal the way Watson did for us

Like Smith too OA but i cant help thinking about Watson - great RB and underrated by some at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I really like Smith, you know what you're going to get with him every game, shame he cant chip in with a goal the way Watson did for us
    Agree. Watson was very much a 'dont know what you've got till its gone' type of right back for us. The sh*te we had to deal with im that position after he left was painful. Thankfully Smith has finally given us someone we can rely on week in week out. He deserves a chance in the premiership. He is also out of contract next summer so I wonder if we'll look to renew at some point this season.

Page 16 of 253 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)