+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 253 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253 LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Probably the wrong thread for this but I didn't realise Chris Mochrie just turned 18 has played 5 times for the first team, making his debut in a 1-0 defeat in Greenock May 2019. Surely he's ready to come in next season and give us more midfield creativity? #no transfer fee

Also, more on topic, CCFS turned 36 this week. Think he would have improved us last year, but at 36 would a one year deal be a year too far? Risky? Not getting starts up the road.

No 36 year old has beens please

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Fair to say that will likely be the prevailing opinion. Saying that, he uses the ball better than Harkes Pawlett Clark (when in MF) and most of the others. And can actually cross a ball accurately.

So who would you go after Backrow?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Fair to say that will likely be the prevailing opinion. Saying that, he uses the ball better than Harkes Pawlett Clark (when in MF) and most of the others. And can actually cross a ball accurately.

So who would you go after Backrow?
    I'd actually prefer some of the kids to get chances. I think Mochrie, Glass, Chalmers, Fotheringham and Meekison should be playing. Not all together, but play 2-3 of them at a time and rotate them to stop them from burning out.

I also don't think we should bring in another centre half, Smith and Neilson should be used as the number 3 option behind Reynolds and Edwards.

We probably do need a striker, not too sure who is available though. Ideally someone with a ton of pace.

I have no idea who you possibly could be referring to.................

Devante Cole from Motherwell is out of contract, I would take him

hearing ciftci comin............................................. ....................

well someones got to do it. Noel hunt money paying for it apparently but i cant tell you my sources

See hibs bought the guy from Inverness Daniel Mckay . Not seen much of him but thought he looked OK playing on wing

I'd actually prefer some of the kids to get chances. I think Mochrie, Glass, Chalmers, Fotheringham and Meekison should be playing. Not all together, but play 2-3 of them at a time and rotate them to stop them from burning out...
    IMO the max prospects you can risk in a game would be 2.

The good ones, like Andy Robertson, soon establish themselves and they become the holder of the 1st team jersey leaving room for another to start getting involved.

But this league we are in is so tight outside the top two or three, or four even, that you absolutely need a strong squad of pro's to ensure that you aint dragged into a relegation battle. There are currently 4 clubs out of 12 that are involved in that struggle just now.

In due course, I think we need to put our faith in the youth devt programme. If it works it could be fantastic. But we have only just survived one season in the top league. We really need to be solidifying that status and hooefully pushing on.

I've got a great feeling about Chalmers and a couple of others. But I think it will be a couple of years before we get the model working season upon season. If, indeed, it is to work at all.

In the meantime, we need to bring in 2 or 3 experienced guys that will improve the 1st team squad for next season.

Sorry, I feel like that sounds like a rant. It's not. I've had a few beers is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    IMO the max prospects you can risk in a game would be 2.

The good ones, like Andy Robertson, soon establish themselves and they become the holder of the 1st team jersey leaving room for another to start getting involved.

But this league we are in is so tight outside the top two or three, or four even, that you absolutely need a strong squad of pro's to ensure that you aint dragged into a relegation battle. There are currently 4 clubs out of 12 that are involved in that struggle just now.

In due course, I think we need to put our faith in the youth devt programme. If it works it could be fantastic. But we have only just survived one season in the top league. We really need to be solidifying that status and hooefully pushing on.

I've got a great feeling about Chalmers and a couple of others. But I think it will be a couple of years before we get the model working season upon season. If, indeed, it is to work at all.

In the meantime, we need to bring in 2 or 3 experienced guys that will improve the 1st team squad for next season.

Sorry, I feel like that sounds like a rant. It's not. I've had a few beers is all.
    And how many of them are there because they have played a couple of kids and how many are there because they have a team of 'experienced' players?

We have an experienced enough squad to allow 2 kids per game to be playing. If you want to bring in more experienced guys then it has to be as a replacement for those who are already at the club instead of taking a possible place of a prospect

Page 252 of 253 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)