+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 253 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Of course our dealings won't be what they would/could have been if covid had not happened
    Might work out for the better, there will be a lot of players out of contract and/or clubs desperate to offload,
    England especially, I had a quick look at English league 2 retained list and defo some decent young players there that are getting released
    Let's see what contacts Robbie has up and down the UK

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Mark Gillespie has left Motherwell, 25 clean sheets and 47% penalty save percentage surely would have been better option than Deniz?
    Deniz still had a year left on his contract. Signing another goalie would make no sense as its very unlikely Deniz would have agreed any kind of termination in the current climate.

Harkes to sign two year extension.

We desperately crying out for a creative midfielder to link play with the forwards. For me pat, powers and harkes dnt fill that role. At a push we need pat to play the enforcer role but I’m not sure if either power or harkes will cut it in prem. Hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This is great news, I really rate him and he always gives everything.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 01-06-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Good news. I rate the lad also. Young lad too, more to come from him.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 01-06-2020 at 08:29 AM.

A thumbs up from me. Yes he maybe doesnt have the influence he would hope to have on some games but there were maybe a handful of games last season where (quality-wise) he was head and shoulders ahead of most others on the pitch. Hopefully he can continue his development. He should be in a position now where he has 'settled' into Scotland and the style of football over here so I have high hopes for him. Still feel like we need 1 more central player.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Paradoxically I think he will perform better in the Premiership. The games that passed him by tended to be the ones where there was a lot kick and rush. Should be less of these in the top league than the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm glad of this. He is a really intelligent player. I think it took him a while to get used to the physical nature of Scottish football but he is getting better all the time and I think he will be a great asset in the coming season.

I really hope there is much more to come from Harkes because there were glimpses of a player at times. But the lack of consistency in what was poor league is a concern for me. It may well be that the kick and run game in championship didn’t suite him.

Page 19 of 253 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)