+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 253 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Of course it would be a blow, and I agree we need to strengthen, but to say he's irreplaceable? Nah, not for me. He was good last season but look at the sh*te we were playing. His game is based around being a battering ram. 8 yellow cards in 22 appearances is proof of this. I suspect he'll not be quite so effective next season against better, faster players. He was one of our worst players against Hibs and average at best in his last spell with us in the big league. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but I don't see him getting any better at his age tbh. I think he'll be a very average CM next season.

Underrated based on what?
    Agree. I think Butcher would be good cover for CM & CB and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Based on 2014/15 when he was excellent in midfield in a very good Utd side and another reason we went down hill, him and fojut leaving on top of the obvious sales
    Butcher was average in midfield back then and only played if Paton or Rankin was injured. Fojut was excellent to start with then slowly faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Based on 2014/15 when he was excellent in midfield in a very good Utd side and another reason we went down hill, him and fojut leaving on top of the obvious sales
    That and long term injuries for Paton and Morris. Plus letting Rado leave. Selling Nads. Oh, and also thinking Spittal and Telfer were good enough to carry the midfield. And signing Donnie Darko and a smacked up ‘Dave’ Snjeider on last minute panic buy YouTube signings. Also, bringing in Zwick, Smornick, Donaldson and Durnan and thinking they’d provide a watertight, reliable defence from the get go. Going with the same 4-2-3-1 when we no longer had anywhere near the quality we’d had in order to justify that set up. And I’ve even got this far without mentioning the pisshead from Killie who naebody else would touch and who barely kicked a ball for us.

Bloody hell, no wonder we went down.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 14-07-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That and long term injuries for Paton and Morris. Plus letting Rado leave. Selling Nads. Oh, and also thinking Spittal and Telfer were good enough to carry the midfield. And signing Donnie Darko and a smacked up ‘Dave’ Snjeider on last minute panic buy YouTube signings. Also, bringing in Zwick, Smornick, Donaldson and Durnan and thinking they’d provide a watertight, reliable defence from the get go. Going with the same 4-2-3-1 when we no longer had anywhere near the quality we’d had in order to justify that set up. And I’ve even got this far without mentioning the pisshead from Killie who naebody else would touch and who barely kicked a ball for us.

Bloody hell, no wonder we went down.
    Some of those names are frightening.

CCFFS on trial at St. Johnstone.

Anyone else think hearts are being linked wi Butcher just to noise us up? This would involve a transfer fee, where the f uck are they getting the money from? I would hope we held oot for £500k or something to put them off, like Shedka i liked him first time around and IMO he done a good job then and will do a good job in the prem now.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    CCFFS on trial at St. Johnstone.
    interesting, wonder if he's still got the legs for it?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    interesting, wonder if he's still got the legs for it?
    Played almost every game for Salford last season. Must still have something about him.

as usual though, returning players never really work out for us

Speaking of which the Safarnko rumours have went quiet again

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    as usual though, returning players never really work out for us
    They don't, but the alternative is Peter Pawlett. A 45 year old Conway would be better than him, never mind a 35 year old one. The boy can cross a ball at least. We've not had a decent crosser of the ball for a long time.

Page 51 of 253 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)