+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 250 of 253 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Apparently, Pawlett is 'one of our top earners'.

Ultimately, I'm expecting 'one of our top earners' to be more consistent and fit to play most weeks.

I can see an argument for offering offering him a new incentive based contract for a year at most. But, he's not done enough to get an extension on his current deal if, it is indeed true, that he is one of our highest paid players.

PP is 30 now. He is unlikely to recapture the form of his golden year(s) now. He may be able to bring his experience to bear in other ways though. Can he coach? Maybe he can contribute to helping some of our academy players make the transition?

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Pawlett is an ok neat and tidy player. It summed it up for me when he was through against Patrick and tried to square it from six yards out.

He’s not the player he used to be. He is injury prone.

He doesn’t get a game most of the time and that despite the players ahead of him Harkes and Clark playing as a midfield are not great options.

Pawlett I think is also a massive earner which I don’t think has been justified at all.

I would not shed any tears if he left. It would have to be short term and on less money. Ultimately I think we should be pursuing better options
    I would not be all that fussed if he did move on, but your opening post in the Hamilton game thread LS, where he is in your team pretty much sums it up for me in that, a fully fit Pawlett is in the team, and can be an asset if on the right wages.

It's a no from me re Pawlett. We need a clear out and an injury prone,inconsistent player like him is just no good to us. We've had ump**** of them in recent years.

Time for MM to raid the English lower leagues for players that would suit the style "his Dundee United " want to play, after all he should know plenty of them. Pawlett for me would be a lazy resigning.

I don't have any problem with signing him up on a new deal but only if its a 1 year deal. I still think he be useful. I still maintain that the management of him has been poor. RN throwing him back into the team rather than easing him back after injuries and both managers not playing him in his best position. give him a run as no.10 and see if he can make any impact.

Not as lazy as resigning connolly or clark earlier in the season (both on 2 year deals) both can't get into the team now.

Has 1 or 2 good moments in a game but more often goes missiing in action.

Thanks for your service Peter but time to move on

Two year extension for Pawlett.

F*ck me.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

F*ck me.
    Canna believe we give 2 Yr contract to an injury prone player like him hope not sign of things to come for next sesson

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

F*ck me.
    That is atrocious. He has done absolutely nothing to justify this. He is part of the problem with United's midfield. Up there with extending Connolly's contract.

Ubelievable.

Mediocrity. Wasting a wage on a guy that doesn't even get regularly used by the manager.

Page 250 of 253 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)