+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 131 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Saying here he is a defensive midfielder.

https://www.kick442.com/jeando-fuchs...he-year-award/
    Cheers Logie. Will be interesting to see if we're offloading in that area in this window.
    If we were to sell Butcher to Hearts a lot of fans are going to be very very very pi55ed off though.

Sorry, meant to say I doubt we will be signing any more CB's after bringing in Edwards. I'm sure the club have already said our business is done in that area.

The club are bringing this lad in with a view to selling him on. That has to be the model more so now than ever with no revenue coming in through the gates.

Good news is the impact of Covid aside, the club is in a pretty healthy position. Outside the current top 4 not many of the clubs have as many sellable assets as us (Aberdeen and Motherwell have cashed in on theirs in this window).

Shankland is easily a £3m-£5m Scottish international.

In Neilson, Chalmers and Mochrie we have highly rated youngsters that academies down south would be interested in buying as has happened in the past with H Souttar and more recently Scott Banks. Hopefully more to come from that conveyor belt with all the ongoing work too.

Less likely but likes of Siegrist, Robson, Harkes and Sporle could also attract bids if they develop in top flight this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jeando...spieler/375710

Defensive on this stokey but aye agree he canna be a bad player, just now what we need right now

Interesting factsheet taken from Twitter comparing this guy & Butcher.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200928_140502.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  89.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/jeando...spieler/375710

Defensive on this stokey but aye agree he canna be a bad player, just now what we need right now
    If he's a better player than Butcher Harkes or Powers then he is in my opinion. But agree we need others, it may just be that we can get this deal done first.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If he's a better player than Butcher Harkes or Powers then he is in my opinion. But agree we need others, it may just be that we can get this deal done first.
    Agree with this. I've made my feelings known on Butcher & Harkes recently. Both positions are easily upgradeable imo. Whilst DM may not be a priority, if this guy is better than both and his signing still allows budget for the creative players we need, then get him signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm only pointing out that the - 7 goal difference is down to two good hidings, one that was pretty much expected and one that wasn't. I think we are creating plenty of chances, just not taking them. I think a quality striker to play alongside Shankland is our biggest necessity right now but if this lad adds quality in that area of the field I've no issue with us signing him. Whether it means someone is on the way out or not, who knows. Hopefully Adam King who looks a long way from the managers thoughts.
    ffs is he still on the books? Incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    ffs is he still on the books? Incredible...
    As far as I'm aware, not heard anything to the contrary. I'm still hoping Robbie wants him 🤞

He could be like a kante midfielder who gets all over the pitch to close players down, as opposed to the sitting defensive midfielder. If he is good technically, that goes a long way in Scottish football, look at Sprole. As long as he improves the team and this it isn't at expense of prioritising the strengthening of the attacking areas I don't have an issue with it. If Utd want to get back to where they want, they probably want to eventually replace the bulk of that squad over the next 2-4 transfer windows.

Page 131 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)