+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 253 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Was wondering this myself when I saw he was leaving. Decent addition. Certainly good enough for us.
    It's a yes from me. Think the talk is that he's going back to the sheep though.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    wee bit disappointed with this, personally i think he's happy to just remain as second choice, i don't feel he's pushing Benji for no.1 and for as good as Benji has been he's untested at top level and cannot save a penalty. Not having strong keepers is a massive issue for me, Zwick and Szromnik spring to mind... Not slagging off Benji here but the competition IMO is weak.
    I feel like deniz showed he was quite capable in his end of season stint under Laszlo. I do however find it strange that he has been so keen to sign another deal considering he is a clear no.2 But i do see him as a very capable no.2. As for pushing Benji... there wasnt a moment last season where Benji deserved to be dropped. Unless we are at training watching them, we cant possibly know how much he is pushing him.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    It's a yes from me. Think the talk is that he's going back to the sheep though.
    That would be a standard McInnes signing though - a tried and tested player the Celtic and Sevco don't want.

I'd still have him for us too though.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I feel like deniz showed he was quite capable in his end of season stint under Laszlo. I do however find it strange that he has been so keen to sign another deal considering he is a clear no.2 But i do see him as a very capable no.2. As for pushing Benji... there wasnt a moment last season where Benji deserved to be dropped. Unless we are at training watching them, we cant possibly know how much he is pushing him.
    Totally agree Bud, our 2 goalies are imo good enough for this level. It's the outfield players I worry about most. We 100% need to strengthen for next season in most positions there.

Plenty time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Totally agree Bud, our 2 goalies are imo good enough for this level. It's the outfield players I worry about most. We 100% need to strengthen for next season in most positions there.

Plenty time though.
    Goalkeeper a very important position.

Benji untested but he has really improved over last year.

His strong performances started with play offs last year when he was good.

Not worth spending a load of money on a number 2 when we have one capable in Deniz.

Hopefully Benji will step up well next season

I’d like to think it’s being addressed, but while there is talk of one or two signing in a few positions, NONE of them so far are CHs. This is absolutely critical, we absolutely need an addition there for next season. A strong back line that gives phuck all away will be the key to re-establishing ourselves again.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’d like to think it’s being addressed, but while there is talk of one or two signing in a few positions, NONE of them so far are CHs. This is absolutely critical, we absolutely need an addition there for next season. A strong back line that gives phuck all away will be the key to re-establishing ourselves again.
    We were supposedly lining up a bid for Stuart Finlay of Killie a while back, so it's definitely something that's being looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We were supposedly lining up a bid for Stuart Finlay of Killie a while back, so it's definitely something that's being looked at.
    Forgot about that one. Either way, it’s critical, we absolutely need a quality CH. The goals we lost to Hibs at Easter Rd amplify this.

Mark Gillespie has left Motherwell, 25 clean sheets and 47% penalty save percentage surely would have been better option than Deniz?

Don't think deniz is a bad backup though?

Centre back is key but as mentioned we were looking at Findlay so hopefully we can get something done there

We aren't as far off as some think either outwith that to being competitive with half the league, it's going to be a test but one we definitely have a go at, survival on first season back up that is

Of course our dealings won't be what they would/could have been if covid had not happened

Page 18 of 253 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)