+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Interesting with Harkes.

Sometimes he looks great. Other times a bit frustrating. Felt a bit of a luxury player in championship whilst Butcher obviously an essential.

I do think like other posters above that we might get to see the best of him as he develops in the Premier.

Also worth remembering he is still young and settling into the Scottish game

I've never really been convinced in him and that was in a horrendous Championship. Needs to really step up to the plate next season and start taking a grip of games by bossing the midfield.
    He's 25 and been here almost a year and a half so the 'young' and 'settling in' comments are surely starting to wear off? 25 isn't young for a footballer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I've never really been convinced in him and that was in a horrendous Championship. Needs to really step up to the plate next season and start taking a grip of games by bossing the midfield.
    He's 25 and been here almost a year and a half so the 'young' and 'settling in' comments are surely starting to wear off? 25 isn't young for a footballer these days.
    100%

He has shown good things at times, but maybe it is selective memory on my behalf but when the going got tough I don't remember him getting going. There will be folk that remember such games ,but I can't. I am happy he is still here as I like him as a player, he also comes across quite genuine when interviewed etc. Hopefully he will step up as some have rightly mentioned. I'd love to see him have a good season in the SPL. It will all depend on the midfield blend, whatever that may be.

Stephen McGinn set to leave St. Mirren. Robbie was rumoured to be after him in January. Hopefully we're aiming higher than a St. Mirren reject now however.

Mentioned on another thread that Gogic from Hamilton is someone we should be looking at. 26 yo. A centre half who can also play centre midfield. A stand-out for Hamilton last season.

Gogic would be a great signing. Depends whether he wants to stay in Scotland or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Mentioned on another thread that Gogic from Hamilton is someone we should be looking at. 26 yo. A centre half who can also play centre midfield. A stand-out for Hamilton last season.

100% agree a no nonsense player who can play the holding roll very well and a decent centre
    half

Totally agree that these are the type of players we should go for.

Players who have done well in prem but at lesser clubs that we could attract.

Don’t know enough about the hearts players released but might be someone there perhaps ...

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Totally agree that these are the type of players we should go for.

Players who have done well in prem but at lesser clubs that we could attract.

Don’t know enough about the hearts players released but might be someone there perhaps ...
    If they weren't good enough for the team relegated then I'm going to stick my neck out and say no thanks👍

Page 20 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)