+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 253 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Time will tell I guess. Not saying we shouldnt be on the lookout for 2 new CH's (we definitely should) but I think their experience will get them through a lot of games. Also we will be under the cosh a lot more next season with lots of high balls into the box etc and both of them are very strong in the air. Again, I'm not saying they will be star players for us, but I'm fairly comfortable with them being in the squad.
    They are both good characters. But performance not been amazing and playing from back a problem.

That said we probably will need more defending next year.

Likes of Connolly could be useful in the air when we are under pressure and when we need to mark and defend their stars rather than face a team parking the bus it will be very different.

I agree both are definitely in the squad and can play their way into the team.

We need at least one defender who is younger, quicker and can pass the ball well ideally

Daily Record transfer news:

SHANKLAND TUG OF WAR?

Lawrence Shankland is set to find himself at the centre of a tug of war between Stoke City and Nottingham Forest.

Both clubs are reportedly keen on a summer swoop for the 24-year-old.

Shankland was initially a target for Stoke and Forest in January and they are to renew that interest.

The striker has enjoyed a prolific season - including scoring his first goal for Scotland in the 6-0 win against San Marino last October.

That was one of 29 strikes he plundered in only 35 appearances for club and country before the season was put on hold.

United are in a strong position to negotiate a fee for Shankland as he signed a three-year contract when he joined the club from Ayr United last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Daily Record transfer news:

SHANKLAND TUG OF WAR?

Lawrence Shankland is set to find himself at the centre of a tug of war between Stoke City and Nottingham Forest.

Both clubs are reportedly keen on a summer swoop for the 24-year-old.

Shankland was initially a target for Stoke and Forest in January and they are to renew that interest.

The striker has enjoyed a prolific season - including scoring his first goal for Scotland in the 6-0 win against San Marino last October.

That was one of 29 strikes he plundered in only 35 appearances for club and country before the season was put on hold.

United are in a strong position to negotiate a fee for Shankland as he signed a three-year contract when he joined the club from Ayr United last summer.
    The Rangers in try to shift Shankland shock!
    Who'd have thought it?

Its also a story that's about 6 months old.

The laddies no daft, he wants a season in the Prem to prove himself and to a lot who doubt his ability in the tap tier, settled in his hoose and bairn on the way. Plus he likes it here, he will get his move and it wont be to a struggling ball lumping Stoke City.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...anen-transfer/

KuPS sporting director Jonne Lindblom believes the 22-year-old is on United’s radar but, as yet, there have been no talks between the parties.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    The laddies no daft, he wants a season in the Prem to prove himself and to a lot who doubt his ability in the tap tier, settled in his hoose and bairn on the way. Plus he likes it here, he will get his move and it wont be to a struggling ball lumping Stoke City.
    Starting to believe that myself tbh. He's made enough noises about wanting a shot at the Premiership.

Think Shanklanf has ambition and that ambition is to make eve himself against the top. He knows if he starts next season like he did this then the quality of suitors would be better..
    his transfer fee would rise and he would start earning big money. The SPFL is a feeder league. Look at how Celtic have become Southampton’s feeder club

I agree on all this.

If he goes to a Stoke or Notts Forest now he will be sat on bench potentially - he won’t have his successful year in Scottish premiership at higher level to show what he is capable of.

The best stage in his development to move will be after he has shown he can replicate his amazing scoring record in top league in Scotland.

To English clubs he does not have that top pedigree yet but I bet he will in a years time.

If you look at what Southampton pay - it’s like £7M for Armstrong. After another good year of scoring Sir Lawrence could command that type of fee

I agree that he probably wants to stay and progress at a higher level, he wants to be playing regular and that means it's likely he will start the season with us.......but if he does stay and gets off to a flyer, I would expect one of the Glasgow butt cheeks to come and take him in January. The opportunity to win the league and establish himself in the national team would be too much of a draw. If he moved there and it didn't work out...he could always drop into the English championship as they seem keen to take any old firm rejects . It's a win win scenario for him! Unfortunately, he is also a rangers fan and is keen to play for them at some point!

I think he certainly has his head screwed on but this will be tested by both him and the club, giving the current climate, once decent genuine offers come in. There is now way we will reject a 3/4 million bid with add ons. No matter how valuable he is to us.

Page 14 of 253 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)