+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1007

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (3)

Absolutely terrible guess. I don't work for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Absolutely terrible guess. I don't work for anyone.
    Well you certainly seem to want the Blairite consensus to continue, useless Mandarins and Quangocrats on six-figure salaries and fat pensions, one of the main reasons we've had so many deaths from Coronavirus, even if he does go I hope that at least PHE will be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Well you certainly seem to want the Blairite consensus to continue
    What on earth has led you to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Do you know what IBS, there are many legitimate questions to be asked about access to information and YouTube, and the role of the media. This bloke is clearly sincere and articulates well.

Folks like this guy have the right to challenge content removal.

None of that alters the fact that the majority of stuff being removed is consumed and shared wholesale by gullible folks with no academic background to understand and interpret the subject at hand and this does measurable harm to our society. I've not had 5g signal for about 3 week now because of utter morons (don't worry I know you're switched on enough to realise that it doesn't cause coronavirus, you just find other surrounding conspiracies "interesting"). At the other end of the scale children are now literally dying of diseases that we've been able to prevent for decades because their parents watched a YouTube video and think they know better than pretty much the entire practising medical community.

You clearly gobble these things right up - whether you have the should have the right to binge on conspiracy nonsense without any restrictions is an interesting question to which I'm not sure exactly where the answer should rest.
    The ‘medical profession, regulators and pharmaceutical industry know best and everyone else is a gullible conspiracy theorist’ approach has played a major part in keeping the anti-vax movement rolling along. It’s right up there with the Labour Party telling everyone who has concerns about immigration that they are a racist bigot or the 'everyone who votes Trump lacks intelligence' approach to politics.

As I understand it, frontrunners in the race to produce a vaccine for Covid19 are ‘RNA vaccines’. I get why that is the approach given that they offer the possibility of much more rapid production than the ‘traditional’ approach of using a deactivated or attenuated samples of the virus itself, but it is new technique and one that has never been used on a mass scale in humans. They are also being developed over a very time scale again for understandable reasons.

Every vaccine carries a degree of risk and the factors above have to increase the possibility adverse effects going undetected until the mass use of one.

As I have been mentioned, I would accept a Covid19 vaccine if offered, but a grown up conversation about the risks is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The ‘medical profession, regulators and pharmaceutical industry know best and everyone else is a gullible conspiracy theorist’ approach has played a major part in keeping the anti-vax movement rolling along. It’s right up there with the Labour Party telling everyone who has concerns about immigration that they are a racist bigot or the 'everyone who votes Trump lacks intelligence' approach to politics.

As I understand it, frontrunners in the race to produce a vaccine for Covid19 are ‘RNA vaccines’. I get why that is the approach given that they offer the possibility of much more rapid production than the ‘traditional’ approach of using a deactivated or attenuated samples of the virus itself, but it is new technique and one that has never been used on a mass scale in humans. They are also being developed over a very time scale again for understandable reasons.

Every vaccine carries a degree of risk and the factors above have to increase the possibility adverse effects going undetected until the mass use of one.

As I have been mentioned, I would accept a Covid19 vaccine if offered, but a grown up conversation about the risks is not a bad thing.
    Totally agree

ditto 5g

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    a grown up conversation about the risks is not a bad thing.
    I agree with that, but endlessly sharing and swallowing conspiratorial nonsense wholesale does not constitute a grown up conversation about the risks.

I've not seen a single effort here to discuss the actual risk vs benefits of vaccines, because frankly to an even slightly informed person its not a conversation worth wasting time having. The only real exception being your own negative experience, yet despite that the recognition vaccines do far more good than the risks overall and you still would take them.

Don't know what it's like there but news here, especially local, is slowly returning to the more usual stories of stabbings and shootings. The virus was only about the 5th story this morning and that was a report about attacks on Chinese and Chinese looking businesses and people in the street. Don't think Trump realises the repercussion of him mentioning China about 3 times every sentence he utters.

Travel through the airport here is at 1967 levels this Bank Holiday. Not so with prices at the supermarkets unfortunately which are being driven up by food shortages mainly due to shutdown of meat processing plants with virus outbreaks. There's been no fresh beef or pork in our local store for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Travel through the airport here is at 1967 levels this Bank Holiday. Not so with prices at the supermarkets unfortunately which are being driven up by food shortages mainly due to shutdown of meat processing plants with virus outbreaks. There's been no fresh beef or pork in our local store for weeks.
    One weird thing, about every house that has gone up for sale around us in the past 2 months has sold within a week and often for around 10% above asking price.

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast