+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (3)

Facebook and YouTube banning David Icke are playing into his hands, it actually makes him look more credible.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    where is the harmful line John? who decides?

Would you say Bhakdi is harmful? If so why?

Please think it though where this is heading.
    OK, 30 seconds of Googling got me 3 articles fact checking that guys claims:
    https://www.presseportal.de/pm/133833/4555917
    https://www.swr3.de/aktuell/multimed...orona-100.html
    https://www.sueddeutsche.de/medien/c...book-1.4873470

I'm not going to waste too much of my time going into detail.

I'll answer more generally about what the harm is.

I have very close friends who work front line as doctors with coronavirus patients in intensive care. Who have to tell loved ones their relatives aren't going to survive.

I've got a friend who has been in intensive care on a ventilator and had a stroke despite being in his 40s.

This virus is very real and very serious and very contagious.

These are all facts.

Doctor friends tell me they now have patients who argue with them about their own treatment, 'big pharma', are sceptical of the drugs they are being prescribed because of things they read online. They're having to waste and dedicate time to fighting the wilful spread of misinformation by people not equipped to give it the critical approach is demands and think they know better than experienced doctors. The harm of people resisting things like vaccinations is very harmful.

Lock down works, that's a fact. To what extent we need to continue is up for reasonable debate. But pushing people saying its no good, or the virus isn't serious is objectively wrong, and widespread misinformation can influence public opinion and lead to outcomes that result in many deaths.

Gran daughter texted us tonight, she is a carer on long hours visiting patients in their own homes, she said one o her clients has coronavirus, so she & other carers having to to wear goggles, a visor, double aprons & double gloves, it makes you worried when your own are there next to this killer disease.

I agree, Eric. That is also why the government expecting people to go back onto crowded buses, tube trains, etc, to go to work, without being vaccinated, is unacceptable.

As IBS is over in the States anway, and is a big Donald Trump fan (usually taking the Presidents pronouncements quite literally) , I am expecting him to volunteer for clinical trials with the Dettol injections now, to give his hero a helping hand in this time of need.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I agree, Eric. That is also why the government expecting people to go back onto crowded buses, tube trains, etc, to go to work, without being vaccinated, is unacceptable..
    A conservative estimate for the development, testing and mass production of a vaccine is that it will be 18-months before any significant vaccination programme can be conducted. That is assuming that it does prove to be possible to produce a vaccine and that it will afford immunity for a sufficient period of time to be able to create herd immunity. There is also a significant body of ‘anti-vaxxers’ who will resistant to being vaccinated.

How long do you think the economy can remain shut down without creating levels of unemployment and poverty, which will also costs lives? Do you have other solutions in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

How long do you think the economy can remain shut down without creating levels of unemployment and poverty, which will also costs lives? Do you have other solutions in mind?

No idea - it wasn't me that got us into this mess. I won't be using crowded public transport though, which I assume you are expecting the "herd" to do. Millions of others may feel the same way - we shall see. Other countries like New Zealand, Germany, etc, reacted to the crisis much quicker right at the start, with proper plans. Our government didn't, although you continue to be an apologist for them.

Just remind us what your job title is again (I have some real lawyer friends who are interested in which cases you have represented people in court)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 07:07 AM.

No idea - it wasn't me that got us into this mess. I won't be using crowded public transport though, which I assume you are expecting the "herd" to do. Millions of others may feel the same way - we shall see. Other countries like New Zealand, Germany, etc, reacted to the crisis much quicker right at the start, with proper plans. Our government didn't, although you continue to be an apologist for them.
    Nobody is going to make you or ‘millions’ use public transport, Mike, but some people don’t have the luxury of choice in the matter if they are going to work and get on with their lives. That will include people who keep the food on your table, your lights on, water coming out of your tap and provide health care if you need it.

I’m not aware that I have apologised for the government. I think there are serious questions to be asked about its response. I also think that trying to formulate and ask those questions at the moment is silly, given that it is impossible to say how the UK has performed. It doesn’t really help, does it?

We need to look carefully at how other countries have managed. Germany is certainly worth looking at. I don’t think New Zealand will tell us much given its low population density and relatively isolated nature.

We need to look carefully at how other countries have managed. Germany is certainly worth looking at. I don’t think New Zealand will tell us much given its low population density and relatively isolated nature.
    Blimey, what a climbdown! Scotland and Wales are a bit similar to New Zealand though - doesn't seem to be much success there either, though possibly a bit better than England?

Coming back to my legal point - my friends asked why is somebody was posting fake legal stuff on a FOOTBALL website. The only answer I could give them was ""Er, well -it's Kempo!", to looks of complete bafflement
    They also said that a real lawyer would not post case details on a website for the general public to read - like you did.
    Some of those cases that you have been involved with sound very serious, and the sort that a defendant would be using a barrister to defend him, so I take it that is your job?
    (Screenshotting this stuff by the way, and the earlier posts)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Blimey, what a climbdown! Scotland and Wales are a bit similar to New Zealand - doesn't seem to be much of a success there either though, possibly a bit better than England (?)

Coming back to my legal point - my friends asked why is somebody was posting fake legal stuff on a FOOTBALL website. The only answer I could give them was ""Er, well -it's Kempo!", to looks of complete bafflement
    They also said that a real lawyer would not post case details on a website for the general public to read - like you did.
    Some of those cases that you claimed to have been involved with sound very serious, and the sort that a defendant would be using a barrister, so I take it that is your job?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-05-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Blimey, what a climbdown! Scotland and Wales are a bit similar to New Zealand - doesn't seem to be much of a success there either though, possibly a bit better than England (?)

Some of those cases that you claimed to have been involved with sound very serious, and the sort that a defendant would be using a barrister, so I take it that is your job?
    I mentioned the following a couple of days ago

Surely there is one simple answer as to whether Kerr is a lawyer
    All he has to do is show his Diploma in Law & Practice by photo image on here [blanking out his real name of course]
    If ligit that should put an end to any speculation

Come on Kerr prove yourself.....simples

Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast