+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Scottish Stadiums

Former Scottish Stadiums

Any Doonhamer fans have wee stories of following Queens to these old grounds :-
    ANNFIELD, BOGHEAD, BROOMFIELD, BROCKVILLE, BAYVIEW, CATHKIN PARK,
    DOUGLAS PARK, FIRS PARK, KILBOWIE, LOVE STREET, MUIRTON PARK, SHAWFIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Remember my mate passing his driving test in 1972 and the following weekend three of us drove to see Queens playing Clyde at Shawfield. Talk about the blind leading the blind .... we had no idea how big Glasgow was and just kept stopping and asking random passers bye for directions ..... made it though and endured a two nil defeat if memory serves me well ......

I got on a train from Edinburgh about 25 years ago to go and see Queens play away at one of the west coast teams (forget which). I discovered on reading the Daily Record that the game was at Palmerston. Duh. In the absence of other options I ended up getting off the train and going to Brockville instead, my one and only visit. They were playing Rangers which added insult to injury. Have good memories though of seeing Queens at Boghead, Bayview, Firs Park and Kilbowie but not the others. Glad I visited the ones I did.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 21-04-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Have seen QOS play at all of those grounds except Cathkin Park. A real mixed bag in terms of results.

I think there was a game v East Stirling when the Travel Club turned up but the game had been called off but Harkness and Co.
    did not inform the fans - Jim McCormack could tell us more about that day I would bet.

I think there was a game v East Stirling when the Travel Club turned up but the game had been called off but Harkness and Co.
    did not inform the fans - Jim McCormack could tell us more about that day I would bet.
    was that not the game when it kick off at 2pm but Queens never told the supporters

Yes Arrol that now rings a bell.

Yes Arrol that now rings a bell.
    iv seen queens play at all those staduims apart from catkin park and shawfield ,one of the best away days that always sticks in my head was when we went to stirling albions old annfield ground ,was always a great day out when we hit stirling ,usually got hammered there tho as thay were a kind of bogey team for us in the 80s early 90s until thay closed it down in 93 i think .

I remember being at a very rundown Brockville in 2002 and getting gubbed 3 - 0 despite having Goram in goals and Robbie Neilson at full - back.

Only seen Queens play at Bayview twice in season 1995/96 with Jim Butter in goals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)