+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: It's getting close, ladies and gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    Starting to feel like this is going tits up quickly.
    Government unlikely to block Saudi-led Newcastle United takeover..so said the Guardian report I copied in the above post.

However, there is mounting pressure from elsewhere and whether or not this lot: "That beIN Sports has been the biggest obstacle to the Saudi takeover demonstrates the extent to which toxic geopolitics now infest the English game." ( https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-battleground) and Amnesty International will scupper the deal appears to remain with the PL:

Meanwhile Richard Masters, the Premier League’s chief executive, has moved to reassure Amnesty that sufficient rigour will be applied to the governing body’s checks on and it will not be a mere rubber stamping exercise.

So the wait continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    Government unlikely to block Saudi-led Newcastle United takeover..so said the Guardian report I copied in the above post.

However, there is mounting pressure from elsewhere and whether or not this lot: "That beIN Sports has been the biggest obstacle to the Saudi takeover demonstrates the extent to which toxic geopolitics now infest the English game." ( https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-battleground) and Amnesty International will scupper the deal appears to remain with the PL:

Meanwhile Richard Masters, the Premier League’s chief executive, has moved to reassure Amnesty that sufficient rigour will be applied to the governing body’s checks on and it will not be a mere rubber stamping exercise.

So the wait continues.
    The wait would be more bearable if there was a deadline somehow, but the decision seems to be constantly dragged further and further out...

I also feel more positive when reading your posts G74.

Experience teaches me to be worried though.

If this is blocked somehow though, it opens up league to a lawsuit and sets precedents for every other future owner, for every club.

The Saudi's being involved meant this takeover was always going to be under the microscope. Since we are in lockdown and there is no sport going on its obviously going to get even more coverage...

But there is no legal reason to block it so it will be approved...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    The Saudi's being involved meant this takeover was always going to be under the microscope. Since we are in lockdown and there is no sport going on its obviously going to get even more coverage...

But there is no legal reason to block it so it will be approved...
    Some fair points here.

Remember we had red appeals turned down then the next week another club appeal would look exactly the same was upheld. Epl hate us too so until this is official my cans remain sidelined.

I am 110 percent certain it goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by stavtoon View Post
    Remember we had red appeals turned down then the next week another club appeal would look exactly the same was upheld. Epl hate us too so until this is official my cans remain sidelined.
    thats slightly different - red cards wouldnt result in a massive court case resulting in the loss of millions of pounds from the premier league . There is nothing in the current director and owners test which will fail and thats a FACT as our old manager would say.

The checks started exactly two weeks ago and it is common knowledge it takes upto 4 weeks so just try and chill out .

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2020/04/2...re-now-saying/
    Last edited by finnaz; 23-04-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added link

beIN have already lost a case in France about the piracy issue, it’s just noise.

More worried about Ashley moving the goalposts last minute than either Amnesty or beIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    beIN have already lost a case in France about the piracy issue, it’s just noise.

More worried about Ashley moving the goalposts last minute than either Amnesty or beIN.
    I don't think he can now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)