+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    1 and 2, vaccines are already being tested on humans with results in late June or early July. The pharmaceutical companies are gambling on them being successful by already commencing production. I would imagine that the first mass vaccinations won't happen until the autumn at the earliest.

3, scientists are now confident that once you have recovered from the virus you will be immune.

This will lead to people first taking immunity tests and possibly be issued with an immunity passport. Those who fail, will then be given the vaccine and then could be issued with a vaccine passport.

Once in possession of either passport, you will allowed to attend controlled events, like football matches.
    For 1. I should have posted "proven vaccine"
    For 2. I still think CV-19 will go the way of SARS, MERS etc and fade away before a safe and effective vaccine is found and if one is found I hope it's not Bill Gates whose people find it as that will send the Conspiracy Theorists into meltdown and/or an orgasm
    For 3. Not seen/heard anything from Dutch TV/Press over the immunity question so thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    For 1. I should have posted "proven vaccine"
    For 2. I still think CV-19 will go the way of SARS, MERS etc and fade away before a safe and effective vaccine is found and if one is found I hope it's not Bill Gates whose people find it as that will send the Conspiracy Theorists into meltdown and/or an orgasm
    For 3. Not seen/heard anything from Dutch TV/Press over the immunity question so thanks for the update.
    On number 3, that's probably the best bit of news we've had in recent weeks. It should mean a quicker end to this pandemic. Apparently, the information that people were contracting it more than once was blamed on faulty tests in Japan and South Korea. This has only come out in the last few days.

Fingers crossed that these scientists have got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    On number 3, that's probably the best bit of news we've had in recent weeks. It should mean a quicker end to this pandemic. Apparently, the information that people were contracting it more than once was blamed on faulty tests in Japan and South Korea. This has only come out in the last few days.

Fingers crossed that these scientists have got it right.
    My preferred solution is still that it disappears into insignificance without a vaccine being found and that it happens pretty damned soon.

My preferred solution is still that it disappears into insignificance without a vaccine being found and that it happens pretty damned soon.
    I totally agree...fed up of putting a line through things on the calendar all because of this b*****d virus...but is that even feasible?

I doubt that will happen for a while, as it seems quite a virulent strain. However, on the whole if your healthy then the chances of dying are pretty much the same as before the pandemic. Regrettably many thousands have died and will die from other reasons than Covid-19 and its likely the economy will be ****ed.

Has the cure been more deadly than the disease? its looking that way.

Its interesting that Sweden who did not practice a lockdown and have been criticised for it, may have slightly higher deaths from Covid-19 but have avoided the collateral damage arising from a lockdown and will it seems have fewer deaths overall.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I doubt that will happen for a while, as it seems quite a virulent strain. However, on the whole if your healthy then the chances of dying are pretty much the same as before the pandemic. Regrettably many thousands have died and will die from other reasons than Covid-19 and its likely the economy will be ****ed.

Its interesting that Sweden who did not practice a lockdown and have been criticised for it, may have slightly higher deaths from Covid-19 but have avoided the collateral damage arising from a lockdown and will it seems have fewer deaths overall.
    (sits down)
    (long slow breath)
    (puts on best puppy dog eyes)

"I agree with Swale"

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Agreed Swale, as I've said on a previous post. But it was an awful big gamble to take, politically and morally.

There have been many objections in Sweden, to this course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    (sits down)
    (long slow breath)
    (puts on best puppy dog eyes)

"I agree with Swale"

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So what is being said here is that the government's first strategy was right, and that they should have stuck to their guns an stuck it out with herd immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So what is being said here is that the government's first strategy was right, and that they should have stuck to their guns an stuck it out with herd immunity?
    Ultimately, yes.

Though it would be hard to swallow here politically.
    Look at the grief the government has had now, at its "lack of action". No way could it have pulled off what Sweden has done.

Only way this ends, is when it has run its course. We all know that.
    Even the Black Death faded away eventually.

But about 70% of Swedes have voluntarily adopted lockdown and social distancing themselves...

Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)