+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Good reply RA but your wasting your time, this thread and by and large this Forum has become an arena for people who are too dumb to understand the importance of a free press, too dumb to admit that the current government have on any level ****ed things up spectacularly and too dumb to understand that whatever they might want life is not going back to the 1950's when the sun shone all year and we had jumpers for goal posts!

Oh and one utterly thick Forest fan who regurgitates utter crap he reads on the internet, placed there by right wing organisations (who don't give a **** about him, but find him and his ilk useful cannon fodder) knowing that there are a considerable number of people dumb enough to believe this stuff.

As a prime example of how Thick Thicky is see below - if I was moderator I'd have banned a racist, thick bigoted Forest fan a long time ago but clearly his views resonate with a lot on here.

Remember Thickys post claiming Starmer when he led the Crown Prosecution Service was "soft" on child *** grooming gangs?

"Downing Street has rebuked Conservative MPs, including a minister, for sharing a video from a far-right Twitter account that falsely claimed Sir Keir Starmer obstructed the prosecution of grooming gang members when he led the Crown Prosecution Service.

A Downing Street spokesman said the MPs, including Nadine Dorries, a health minister, had been spoken to by whips after sharing the misleading 22-second clip.

The video was shared by Dorries as well as the Telford MP Lucy Allan and Maria Caulfield, who represents Lewes. All commented at what the video purported to show, with Dorries calling it “revealing”.

The No 10 spokesman said: “These tweets have rightly been deleted. The MPs involved have been spoken to by the whips’ office and reminded of their responsibility to check the validity of information before they post on social media sites.”

As director of public prosecutions, Starmer ordered a wholesale restructuring of how the CPS dealt with grooming cases, saying the legal system had failed victims."

Of course Thicky as an honourable man will now admit that he was wrong on this matter.

Yes we can all question all areas of the media in terms of the way they handle or prioritise news, but if the posters on here really believe the BBC does a bad job most of the time, (This is the media organisation that throughout the world is trusted by people was reporting news objectively- though we were proud of British institutions!)) or that having a free media able to hold any government to account is not valuable then I recommend that they go and live for a while in a country where the media is controlled by the state.
    I think we get your disdain for Trickytreesred now Swale, so stop the childish namecalling.

I'm all for free press, but not when they continally say do as we say and not do as we do. I'm not defending the government in any way here.

I am questioning the wisdom of sending a film crew and reporter, when surely the responsible action, would have been to do a virtual interview.

The whole presentation was like lining up a load of lovely sweets in front of a child, but saying 'don't touch them'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I'm all for free press, but not when they continally say do as we say and not do as we do. I'm not defending the government in any way here.

I am questioning the wisdom of sending a film crew and reporter, when surely the responsible action, would have been to do a virtual interview.

The whole presentation was like lining up a load of lovely sweets in front of a child, but saying 'don't touch them'.
    Sort of see your point, Ram, but I think you’re nit picking a bit on this occasion.

They could have done a remote studio interview I suppose, but there is such an expectation for ‘stories’ to be accompanied by pictures - be it a traffic jam, snowdrift, floods, wind damage, motorway pile up, whatever - that images of the area being talked about doesn’t seem too OTT to me. It is teleVISION after all and the interview didn’t break social distancing rules.

Responsible news item and an intelligent interviewee imo.

rA, Ihave just seen that Swale post quoted in Andy's admonition to the author. You wondered why I have him on ignore - wonder no more! Simply an unadulterated stream of personal abuse at the dumb and thickos who dare to disagree with him, accompanied by "I'm always right facts and opinion". I rest my case. If only the arrogance would go, there may be some valid points in there somewhere, but I for one don't have the energy to trawl through the vitriol and anger in search of them

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sort of see your point, Ram, but I think you’re nit picking a bit on this occasion.

They could have done a remote studio interview I suppose, but there is such an expectation for ‘stories’ to be accompanied by pictures - be it a traffic jam, snowdrift, floods, wind damage, motorway pile up, whatever - that images of the area being talked about doesn’t seem too OTT to me. It is teleVISION after all and the interview didn’t break social distancing rules.

Responsible news item and an intelligent interviewee imo.
    Mostly agree with that RA, but when the presenter said she has an issue with social distancing on a narrow path, WTF was she doing on a narrow path, it wasn't part of the feature. It's like Michael Ball's 'interview' of captain Tom, don't the BBC have paid journalists to do that kind of thing?

At the height of the lockdown, when we needed stay in, why did we need 2 presenters on all the morning TV shows, ITV especially, before you think I'm picking on the BBC again?

It was an important feature that needed to be done, but needed to be done more responsibly imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    rA, Ihave just seen that Swale post quoted in Andy's admonition to the author. You wondered why I have him on ignore - wonder no more! Simply an unadulterated stream of personal abuse at the dumb and thickos who dare to disagree with him, accompanied by "I'm always right facts and opinion". I rest my case. If only the arrogance would go, there may be some valid points in there somewhere, but I for one don't have the energy to trawl through the vitriol and anger in search of them
    Not getting involved, GP. We’ve all had our moments of nastiness, you included and probably only ‘Amster and mac apart, sure Swale can fight his own battles.
    I think I’ve only ever had Angry and Tricky on ‘ignore’ but, if I remember rightly, it was just a case of choosing not to respond rather than proper button pressing and actually not knowing what they were saying.

I thought the Beeb coverage was ok because at least it didn’t mention Monsal Dale Specifically. I do maintain though that they are generating their own news to justify their profile (not just BBC)

I don't expect you to, your one of the old men mumbling on about nothing important, what a shambles this Forum is when there is no football. Dumb people posting dumb ass opinions based on no facts whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think we get your disdain for Trickytreesred now Swale, so stop the childish namecalling.
    Well I've just called him out AGAIN! with evidence of a false post he has made previously, lets see if he admits his error? My disdain is for someone who continually posts right wing propaganda and offensive views on here and isn't even a Rams fan. Still he has asked in the past for evidence that he posts bull**** from dubious internet sources, lets see if he is man enough to admit that!

The thing is Geoff Tricky is allowed to come on here and spout complete rubbish half the time He insults anybody who doesn't go along with his thinking I've been debating with him for eight years on Nottsmad so it doesn't bother me But people like RA don't deserve it Can't understand why he never gets admonished,well I have a theory why but better keep it to myself

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)