+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The pair of them deserve each other, we don't!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That is very true MR.
    But there is a case to argue for everyone on here, deserving it for many a post.
    I also, don't care who insults me, I have a back bone. But do so and one can expect it to come back. Fairs fair, in love and war.

Yes, you and I have had ding dongs for years. Does that mean I don't like you? Far from it.
    I think every decent Englander should own a Corbynite like you.

I hope this is not the real Kitson BTW
    lol
    Touche you should know once a banker always a banker I much rather be a Looney left than the Rotten right any day

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The pair of them deserve each other, we don't!
    [QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39497024]Am I the only one who doesn't have an issue with Tricky, other than his allegience to the Red side?

I've obviously missed where he insulted RA, but all he does is put forward his thoughts, usually with some links, but I don't see any personal aggression. If anything, he takes the lionshare of Swale's tirades.

Life's too short, just scroll on![/QUO

Adi you right he does put forward his thoughts His trouble is nobody else are allowed to put forward any that might differ from his

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't have an issue with Tricky, other than his allegience to the Red side?

I've obviously missed where he insulted RA, but all he does is put forward his thoughts, usually with some links, but I don't see any personal aggression. If anything, he takes the lionshare of Swale's tirades.

Life's too short, just scroll on!
    Just to be clear Adi...I’m used to Tricky’s name calling and insults and it’s no big deal.

I’m not used to being lied about...

On 11/5/20 he wrote, ‘He is being anti British, as normal. He delights in pulling this country down...’

When asked to retract he followed it up on the same day with, ‘You delight in anything that mocks this country...’ and reiterated the sentiment again on 13/5/20 with, ‘You are so anti this country...’

There is no way that I am ‘anti British’ or ‘anti this country’. It simply isn’t true and I am not prepared to have my views discredited in this way.
    Criticising the government or certain politicians - from May to Johnson and Farage to Corbyn - is not being ‘anti British’...far from it.
    He said six days ago he would provide evidence to prove his accusation. Since then he’s produced nothing...but if I let this go it means that anyone can apparently write anything about anybody, however libellous, on this forum with impunity and that can’t be right.

For the record, few on here have displayed more ‘pride’ and interest in the fortunes of the English cricket, rugby and football teams than me.
    I am inordinately proud of such aspects of the UK as the NHS, our National Parks, wildlife, landscape, historic buildings, country pub culture, network of public footpaths, modern music culture, literature, museums etc.
    I am regularly disappointed by the weather and am ashamed of our association with football hooliganism, many of our politicians, the state of our roads and railways and the disparity between rich and poor...I sometimes think that we can learn from other nations but...I am 100% not ‘anti this country’.

Unfortunately, it is clear that TTT has no pride in himself!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well I've just called him out AGAIN! with evidence of a false post he has made previously, lets see if he admits his error? My disdain is for someone who continually posts right wing propaganda and offensive views on here and isn't even a Rams fan. Still he has asked in the past for evidence that he posts bull**** from dubious internet sources, lets see if he is man enough to admit that!
    Call him (or anyone) out by all means but don’t call him (or anyone) names. it almost doesn’t warrant sanction because it makes you seems so childish but hey ho all refs get pissed off once in a while and I’m the ref here. You might even be sitting on the naughty step with TTR so cool the schoolyard stuff plz

And to think I get criticised for going off topic, lol.

Can I change the title to coronavirous and tricky?

Tongue firmly in cheek. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That is very true MR.
    But there is a case to argue for everyone on here, deserving it for many a post.
    I also, don't care who insults me, I have a back bone. But do so and one can expect it to come back. Fairs fair, in love and war.

Yes, you and I have had ding dongs for years. Does that mean I don't like you? Far from it.
    I think every decent Englander should own a Corbynite like you.

I hope this is not the real Kitson BTW lol
    You have backbone? In line with the moderators and other posters views on name calling I will remain polite, but I am still waiting for you to show backbone and admit that your post in which you made a claim that Starmer was as Leader of the Crown prosecution Service had been instrumental in not taking action against child grooming gangs was wrong. In point of fact the reverse was true.

I mean the government whom you praise have actually reprimanded their own MP's for spreading false and malicious lies from a right wing website, so demonstrate that on occasion, when you are shown to be wrong you have backbone enough to admit that you were wrong in that post.

I won't hold my breath though, because this demonstrates clearly that your half cocked views are as I have posted many times are from dubious sources.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just to be clear Adi...I’m used to Tricky’s name calling and insults and it’s no big deal.

I’m not used to being lied about...

On 11/5/20 he wrote, ‘He is being anti British, as normal. He delights in pulling this country down...’

When asked to retract he followed it up on the same day with, ‘You delight in anything that mocks this country...’ and reiterated the sentiment again on 13/5/20 with, ‘You are so anti this country...’

There is no way that I am ‘anti British’ or ‘anti this country’. It simply isn’t true and I am not prepared to have my views discredited in this way.
    Criticising the government or certain politicians - from May to Johnson and Farage to Corbyn - is not being ‘anti British’...far from it.
    He said six days ago he would provide evidence to prove his accusation. Since then he’s produced nothing...but if I let this go it means that anyone can apparently write anything about anybody, however libellous, on this forum with impunity and that can’t be right.

For the record, few on here have displayed more ‘pride’ and interest in the fortunes of the English cricket, rugby and football teams than me.
    I am inordinately proud of such aspects of the UK as the NHS, our National Parks, wildlife, landscape, historic buildings, country pub culture, network of public footpaths, modern music culture, literature, museums etc.
    I am regularly disappointed by the weather and am ashamed of our association with football hooliganism, many of our politicians, the state of our roads and railways and the disparity between rich and poor...I sometimes think that we can learn from other nations but...I am 100% not ‘anti this country’.
    I think RA that in Tricky's world, anyone who appreciates the difference in other countries, cultures races etc and does not automatically assume that the British are "top dog" at everything is being anti british. Regrettably there are organisations that feed on such naive thinking to whip up negative "nationalistic sentiment, Farage and his various political parties being one such example. One can but hope that those foolish enough to believe such clear nonsense suffer the negative consequences, but I never did believe in Karma!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You have backbone? In line with the moderators and other posters views on name calling I will remain polite, but I am still waiting for you to show backbone and admit that your post in which you made a claim that Starmer was as Leader of the Crown prosecution Service had been instrumental in not taking action against child grooming gangs was wrong. In point of fact the reverse was true.

I mean the government whom you praise have actually reprimanded their own MP's for spreading false and malicious lies from a right wing website, so demonstrate that on occasion, when you are shown to be wrong you have backbone enough to admit that you were wrong in that post.

I won't hold my breath though, because this demonstrates clearly that your half cocked views are as I have posted many times are from dubious sources.
    Swale, not that you need help in getting your point across but I saw details of whom was admonished yesterday. I remember where I saw them,a success in itself, so I thought I'd post them to strengthen your point

MESSAGE TO TRICKY

You say Starmer, when he led the Crown Prosecution Service, was "soft" on child *** grooming gangs?

"Downing Street has rebuked Conservative MPs, including a minister, for sharing a video from a far-right Twitter account that falsely claimed Sir Keir Starmer obstructed the prosecution of grooming gang members when he led the Crown Prosecution Service.

A Downing Street spokesman said the MPs, including Nadine Dorries, a health minister, had been spoken to by whips after sharing the misleading 22-second clip.

The video was shared by Dorries as well as the Telford MP Lucy Allan and Maria Caulfield, who represents Lewes. All commented at what the video purported to show, with Dorries calling it “revealing”.

The No 10 spokesman said: “These tweets have rightly been deleted. The MPs involved have been spoken to by the whips’ office and reminded of their responsibility to check the validity of information before they post on social media sites.”

As director of public prosecutions, Starmer ordered a wholesale restructuring of how the CPS dealt with grooming cases, saying the legal system had failed victims."

END MESSAGE TO TRICKY

Basically, Tricky, what you posted IS A LIE and as such is LIBEL. This opens you up to a civil suit from Sir Keir Starmer that could cost you more money than you have and I don't, for one moment, believe that was your intention. It is also eminently possible that you believed it, possibly for no other reason than it fits your personal viewpoint. I strongly suggest the following which might just avoid proceedings:

1. Post a retraction, admitting that what you posted was incorrect
    2. Post an apology to Sir Keir
    3. Come to the conclusion that you should always fact check and, when you realise that much of the right wing bull is pure fiction, decide not to post it on here. It's disrespectful to the forum and to its members

You should also take the following into account with regard to this particular lie and also with regard to any other lies you decide to post in the future. You do not only open yourself up to libel proceedings, you also open up the owners/beheerders of the forum to libel action. That would see not only yourself in court facing a libel action but also Andy, whoever it is that is registered as "owner" or similar and also Footymad.

I don't know if Andy is aware of how your lies might affect him and his family extremely negatively but, once he has read this, he will be aware.

Despite the nickname Swale has given you, I don't believe you are stupid or thick. Up to you to decide what to do with regard to this lie you told. Take into account that is is quite possible that Admin takes some kind of disciplinary action. What that action is and how permanent or otherwise that is, is very dependent on what your reaction is to my well meant advice. Belligerence, denial or a refusal to "do the right thing" might leave you looking for a new place to post. Show you are sensible............. and, while you are at it, you might care to apologise to rA if you can't show where he has been "anti-British". Have a nice day tricky

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Swale, not that you need help in getting your point across but I saw details of whom was admonished yesterday. I remember where I saw them,a success in itself, so I thought I'd post them to strengthen your point

MESSAGE TO TRICKY

You say Starmer, when he led the Crown Prosecution Service, was "soft" on child *** grooming gangs?

"Downing Street has rebuked Conservative MPs, including a minister, for sharing a video from a far-right Twitter account that falsely claimed Sir Keir Starmer obstructed the prosecution of grooming gang members when he led the Crown Prosecution Service.

A Downing Street spokesman said the MPs, including Nadine Dorries, a health minister, had been spoken to by whips after sharing the misleading 22-second clip.

The video was shared by Dorries as well as the Telford MP Lucy Allan and Maria Caulfield, who represents Lewes. All commented at what the video purported to show, with Dorries calling it “revealing”.

The No 10 spokesman said: “These tweets have rightly been deleted. The MPs involved have been spoken to by the whips’ office and reminded of their responsibility to check the validity of information before they post on social media sites.”

As director of public prosecutions, Starmer ordered a wholesale restructuring of how the CPS dealt with grooming cases, saying the legal system had failed victims."

END MESSAGE TO TRICKY

Basically, Tricky, what you posted IS A LIE and as such is LIBEL. This opens you up to a civil suit from Sir Keir Starmer that could cost you more money than you have and I don't, for one moment, believe that was your intention. It is also eminently possible that you believed it, possibly for no other reason than it fits your personal viewpoint. I strongly suggest the following which might just avoid proceedings:

1. Post a retraction, admitting that what you posted was incorrect
    2. Post an apology to Sir Keir
    3. Come to the conclusion that you should always fact check and, when you realise that much of the right wing bull is pure fiction, decide not to post it on here. It's disrespectful to the forum and to its members

You should also take the following into account with regard to this particular lie and also with regard to any other lies you decide to post in the future. You do not only open yourself up to libel proceedings, you also open up the owners/beheerders of the forum to libel action. That would see not only yourself in court facing a libel action but also Andy, whoever it is that is registered as "owner" or similar and also Footymad.

I don't know if Andy is aware of how your lies might affect him and his family extremely negatively but, once he has read this, he will be aware.

Despite the nickname Swale has given you, I don't believe you are stupid or thick. Up to you to decide what to do with regard to this lie you told. Take into account that is is quite possible that Admin takes some kind of disciplinary action. What that action is and how permanent or otherwise that is, is very dependent on what your reaction is to my well meant advice. Belligerence, denial or a refusal to "do the right thing" might leave you looking for a new place to post. Show you are sensible............. and, while you are at it, you might care to apologise to rA if you can't show where he has been "anti-British". Have a nice day tricky
    Good morning Maddy.

Firstly. be aware that Swale is and has been on ignore by myself for some time.
    So anything he has posted or lobbed at me, has quite literally gone over my head.

I wasn't aware the Tories had done such a thing. So as such I have to retract that. It does make me laugh though, when we talk about that subject as being libel.
    If a member of parliament has said these things, then any libel really would already be in the world resulting in big money and job losses. So I'll reserve judgment on that.
    Let us also not forget, that the inquiry into grooming gangs, which will contain many explosive "facts" has been deemed too volatile for public consumption by the government.
    I think many people will withhold judgment on a lot of accusations, until that file is released.

But anyway, that will kill that off. From calling Corbyn a jew hater, to Johnson a wife beater. Obviously no one can say that anymore.

As such with RA.
    I will apologise.
    I am currently re reading the Brexit thread and up to page 32. Long way to go yet.
    Under current reading, RA's opinion of Brits and mine are poles apart. I suggest everyone re reads it, It is very enlightening and makes a few people look very laughable.
    I actually miss Angry after reading what I have. He was hounded away and threw the towel in.
    I don't think I've even got to the jucier bits yet. It has been fairly civilised up to this point.

More as it happens. News at 10, Wapping.

On the same subject, if "libel" is being branded about, then everyone on the internet is guilty at some point of saying something, that could be construed as such. Proving it though and carrying it out, is what makes it laughable.

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)