+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

I have no problem with what he has done, IF and it's a very BIG IF, it happened as he has claimed.

I put the question to anyone in the supposed scenerio.

Your wife is showing symptoms of Covid. You have no alternative suitable childcare locally. You are faced with 2 options.

First, you've got enough fuel in your car to make a journey to an isolated property without stopping, close to a carer who you are happy to look after your 4 year old, should you become ill.

Second, you stay at home hoping that you don't contract a very infectious virus, which if you wait for it to happen, it will be too late to make the journey as you and/or your wife will be too poorly to make the journey. But never mind you can arrange for some stranger who is willing to look after your 4 year old from a covid infected household.

This is assuming the conditions are as we've been told, Frankley, I have my doubts, but have heard no evidence to the contrary, yet.

Are there any other alternatives?

I expect no more from politicians and their sycophants, but the media have stopped to new lows of mediocrity today. Two things I’ve seen on the Internet, one pertinent one just funny.

So

If 100 journalists are only capable of asking the same question, shouldn’t they leave it to just one and the other 99 be furloughed?

And

I’ve not seen the country so angry since U2 released that album onto everyone’s iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I have no problem with what he has done, IF and it's a very BIG IF, it happened as he has claimed.

I put the question to anyone in the supposed scenerio.

Your wife is showing symptoms of Covid. You have no alternative suitable childcare locally. You are faced with 2 options.

First, you've got enough fuel in your car to make a journey to an isolated property without stopping, close to a carer who you are happy to look after your 4 year old, should you become ill.

Second, you stay at home hoping that you don't contract a very infectious virus, which if you wait for it to happen, it will be too late to make the journey as you and/or your wife will be too poorly to make the journey. But never mind you can arrange for some stranger who is willing to look after your 4 year old from a covid infected household.

This is assuming the conditions are as we've been told, Frankley, I have my doubts, but have heard no evidence to the contrary, yet.

Are there any other alternatives?
    As you say, Ram...it’s a huge ‘IF’.

In my opinion he’ll be gone by the end of the week. The South Stand might even be tuning up for a chorus of ‘sacked in the morning’.
    He’s broken at least four of the rules he helped design and you can’t have that happening without challenging the integrity of the whole Government.

Again imo, Johnson’s defence of him earlier this evening was a rambling, contradictory, incoherent, embarrassing mess and, on the evidence so far, it looked suspiciously like a case of one proven liar defending another.

Were there any alternatives? We don’t know yet for sure, but it seems he had family in London. One imagines he has friends too (maybe not) and that some of them lived locally.
    It seems I’m not alone in suspecting this rule breaking by leaving home (1) to embark on a lengthy drive (2) to his elderly parents (3) while knowingly carrying suspected Coronavirus (4) is going to cost him dear. If Johnson isn’t very careful it might cost him too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-05-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I wasn't defending him, but cautioning against hypocrisy.
    So what bit is hypocrisy
    March 18th At his Downing street briefing the PM said Everyone- everyone- must follow the advice to protect themselves and their families but also - more importantly to protect the wider public
    " So say At at HOME for 14days if one member in that household thinks he/she has the symptoms Children should not be left with older grandparents .
    What part of that did Cummings not understand

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As you say, Ram...it’s a huge ‘IF’.

In my opinion he’ll be gone by the end of the week. The South Stand might even be tuning up for a chorus of ‘sacked in the morning’.
    He’s broken at least four of the rules he helped design and you can’t have that happening without challenging the integrity of the whole Government.

Again imo, Johnson’s defence of him earlier this evening was a rambling, contradictory, incoherent, embarrassing mess and, on the evidence so far, it looked suspiciously like a case of one proven liar defending another.

Were there any alternatives? We don’t know yet for sure, but it seems he had family in London. One imagines he has friends too (maybe not) and that some of them lived locally.
    It seems I’m not alone in suspecting this rule breaking by leaving home (1) to embark on a lengthy drive (2) to his elderly parents (3) while knowingly carrying suspected Coronavirus (4) is going to cost him dear. If Johnson isn’t very careful it might cost him too.
    Mrs F just wants him gone based on him looking shifty. BUT having had a more mature discussion after that, the mistake he's made, if he is the string-puller/policy definer we all believe he is, was not to think 'now, how can the rules I'm inventing impact adversely on me?' as he was inventing them, and adjust them to suit.

Pippa Crerar.

Wow just wow We heard a rumour.
    No pictures, just a rumour. lols
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUeQQpLvu1E

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    So what bit is hypocrisy
    March 18th At his Downing street briefing the PM said Everyone- everyone- must follow the advice to protect themselves and their families but also - more importantly to protect the wider public
    " So say At at HOME for 14days if one member in that household thinks he/she has the symptoms Children should not be left with older grandparents .
    What part of that did Cummings not understand
    I concur, but it isn't just him.

I mentioned Stephen Kinnock, went to his dads birthday.
    Tahir Ali went to a funeral with over 100 mourners
    Vaughan Geething having chips with the family at a picnic table?

A witch hunt is fine, but where does it stop?

Let's all remember here, they ar MP's, Cummings isn't.
    So what should his punishment really be? A £70 fine that members of the public gets?
    Yet MP's get nothing said to them?

Farage got a visit at home from plod for doing his job.
    Yet it seems when it suits help put pressure on individuals the establishment doesn't want around, it is fine.

Double standards?

Cummings responsible for the spread of Corona in Durham

Priceless.

https://twitter.com/jamin2g/status/1...pxgkO5IHVmZ03w

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;39500658]Mrs F just wants him gone based on him looking shifty. /QUOTE]

Not much hope for Shapps, Gove, the man-baby, Williamson and Johnson according to that criteria.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;39500658]Mrs F just wants him gone based on him looking shifty. /QUOTE]

Not much hope for Shapps, Gove, the man-baby, Williamson and Johnson according to that criteria.

Certainly can’t blame Cummings for not leaving his child with any of them.

Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)