+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Unbelievable BBC Breakfast, they've just interviewed 2 students confined to accommodation, because of the number of infections at their uni. They were joking with them about their hardship and the one said that she'd been tested positive but that her symptoms were mild, but they were sitting shoulder to shoulder for the interview and were not wearing a mask.

The BBC never thought to ask the other student if she should be sitting so close. The BBC shouldn't have even allowed the interview to go ahead. As a result of this interview, I would say that the other student was highly likely to have been infected with the virus.

Totally irresponsible.
    Yes I was amazed by that too

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yes I was amazed by that too
    Oh jeez, if they share the same flat in halls then whats the ****ing problem?

Unbelievable that people here are so petty about such stuff as if it makes a ****ing difference! Meanwhile you miss the point that the whole ****ing management of this pandemic is a ****show! Un****ing believable that theres a focus on trivial issues!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh jeez, if they share the same flat in halls then whats the ****ing problem?

Unbelievable that people here are so petty about such stuff as if it makes a ****ing difference! Meanwhile you miss the point that the whole ****ing management of this pandemic is a ****show! Un****ing believable that theres a focus on trivial issues!
    I thought we’d discussed you not popping a b*ll*ck quite so much on here, take a ‘chill pill’ Swale. Not sure anything about a killer disease is trivial

Not sure it’s a case of Swale trivialising things, Andy.
    The point surely is, not that students are being interviewed sitting close to each other, but that the authorities have seen fit to approve students returning to halls of residence in the first place.

So schools go back...the Universities go back, people are encouraged to ‘eat out and help out’ through July and August and guess what? There’s a spike!
    So now it’s...don’t go out, work from home and the pubs must shut at 10.00pm.

Regardless of the Party in charge...where’s the joined up thought and consistency?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-09-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I thought we’d discussed you not popping a b*ll*ck quite so much on here, take a ‘chill pill’ Swale. Not sure anything about a killer disease is trivial
    Well you thought wrong, which is pretty much par for the course! In point of fact you proffered the view that use of the exclamation mark was a sign of high blood pressure, actually its just a sign that I am flabbergasted at the petty trivial comments about a serious issue.

Still if you old gents want to tut tut about some spurious issue connected to Covid-19 who am I to pour scorn on it? I mean it signifies nothing other than too much time on ones hands.

Killer disease? yeah for some, but so are a lot of other things and the current hysteria isn't helping - estimated 40,000 plus cancer deaths and counting due to the actions taken to "combat" Covid-19. Numerous other deaths that are a side effect of how this has been mismanaged.

There are a number of truths that are being ignored whilst this hysteria is being generated - we need to learn to live with and manage this disease, it isn't disappearing anytime soon and an effective vaccine available generally is more than likely at least 12 months away.

So what do we do in the meantime - shut up shop, destroy the economy, peoples lives?

A half decent track and trace system would be a start, a strategy that focused on advising clearly what those at risk could do would help and let the rest of the population who by and large are unaffected by it get on with their lives.

Yes i appreciate this has risk but its whats going to have to happen eventually

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure it’s a case of Swale trivialising things, Andy.
    The point surely is, not that students are being interviewed sitting close to each other, but that the authorities have seen fit to approve students returning to halls of residence in the first place.

So schools go back...the Universities go back, people are encouraged to ‘eat out and help out’ through July and August and guess what? There’s a spike!
    So now it’s...don’t go out, work from home and the pubs must shut at 10.00pm.

Regardless of the Party in charge...where’s the joined up thought and consistency?
    Id say it was entirely consistent. One U turn after another effected by the government and necessitated by developments in the COVID bug (some mutations) and the inability of Citizen UK to stick to social distancing, masks etc. You cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Yes they’ve made some **** ups and I just don’t get the ban on a limited return of fans to outdoor sports but they’ve also made some bold steps,

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well you thought wrong, which is pretty much par for the course! In point of fact you proffered the view that use of the exclamation mark was a sign of high blood pressure, actually its just a sign that I am flabbergasted at the petty trivial comments about a serious issue.

Still if you old gents want to tut tut about some spurious issue connected to Covid-19 who am I to pour scorn on it? I mean it signifies nothing other than too much time on ones hands.

Killer disease? yeah for some, but so are a lot of other things and the current hysteria isn't helping - estimated 40,000 plus cancer deaths and counting due to the actions taken to "combat" Covid-19. Numerous other deaths that are a side effect of how this has been mismanaged.

There are a number of truths that are being ignored whilst this hysteria is being generated - we need to learn to live with and manage this disease, it isn't disappearing anytime soon and an effective vaccine available generally is more than likely at least 12 months away.

So what do we do in the meantime - shut up shop, destroy the economy, peoples lives?

A half decent track and trace system would be a start, a strategy that focused on advising clearly what those at risk could do would help and let the rest of the population who by and large are unaffected by it get on with their lives.

Yes i appreciate this has risk but its whats going to have to happen eventually
    This is once and once only post.
    Swale is talking common sense.

There, I've said it. Now I'm going for a lie down.

(KIN MORPHINE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Unbelievable BBC Breakfast, they've just interviewed 2 students confined to accommodation, because of the number of infections at their uni. They were joking with them about their hardship and the one said that she'd been tested positive but that her symptoms were mild, but they were sitting shoulder to shoulder for the interview and were not wearing a mask.

The BBC never thought to ask the other student if she should be sitting so close. The BBC shouldn't have even allowed the interview to go ahead. As a result of this interview, I would say that the other student was highly likely to have been infected with the virus.

Totally irresponsible.
    Makes me pizz all the people on here who can't stand the BBC seen to spend a lot time waiting to for something to complain about . Don't watch it ! Get out ,so some charity work . Get and life spring to mind . Either that or watch Piers Morgan then you would have something to complain about .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Makes me pizz all the people on here who can't stand the BBC seen to spend a lot time waiting to for something to complain about . Don't watch it ! Get out ,so some charity work . Get and life spring to mind . Either that or watch Piers Morgan then you would have something to complain about .
    You could say the same about watching Derby, many of us constantly complain about the way the club is run, well go and watch another team.

Unlike Derby, I'm forced to pay money to the BBC, to watch other TV channels and I expect fair and equal coverage when the public are compelled to pay for the service.

Nevermind, whether or not I should watch the channel, or doesn't get away from the question, should a responsible national public sponsored news programme act in such a manner?

Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)