+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

I'd give up debating if I were you Ram, I have. When everything you suggest is met with the same blank faced stare, its not worth saying anything.

Interesting to see that Liverpool has been locked down today due to high infection rates. That sort of bangs the argument that you cant get covid from bins on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'd give up debating if I were you Ram, I have. When everything you suggest is met with the same blank faced stare, its not worth saying anything.

Interesting to see that Liverpool has been locked down today due to high infection rates. That sort of bangs the argument that you cant get covid from bins on the head.
    Lol...the only reason you’ve ‘given up’ is because I don’t subscribe to your mantra of ‘mustn’t criticise the Government’ and you don’t have any answers, while all that second paragraph proves, again, is that it’s you who’s the cynic, not me.

Interestingly enough though. The media played the COVID card exactly today to their own agendas.

The Sun ran with Corbyn breaking the 6 person rule, having a marxist dinner party.

The Mirror ran with Johnsons dad being spotted not wearing a mask and wanting hiM fined £10K and flogged.

The Gaurdian was more outraged by the possibility of illegal migrants being placed on off shore detention centres, even though all quarentime rules are currently being ignored.

Funny as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Interestingly enough though. The media played the COVID card exactly today to their own agendas.

The Sun ran with Corbyn breaking the 6 person rule, having a marxist dinner party.

The Mirror ran with Johnsons dad being spotted not wearing a mask and wanting hiM fined £10K and flogged.

The Gaurdian was more outraged by the possibility of illegal migrants being placed on off shore detention centres, even though all quarentime rules are currently being ignored.

Funny as ****
    Which on the other (Are the Media biased?) thread is exactly what we’d all concluded...that they all have their own agendas but there are probably more Right wing than Left wing agendas.
    Interesting that all those ‘stories’ were covered on the BBC News in, imo, a totally even handed way.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-10-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Well it's only your opinion that counts RA. We've all deduced that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well it's only your opinion that counts RA. We've all deduced that.
    Thanks...I wasn’t actually disagreeing with you Tricky...but if you want to join GP in having a pointless little ‘dig’ feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Which on the other (Are the Media biased?) thread is exactly what we’d all concluded...that they all have their own agendas but there are probably more Right wing than Left wing agendas.
    Interesting that all those ‘stories’ were covered on the BBC News in, imo, a totally even handed way.
    No we DIDN’T all conclude that, you did!

BBC News were neutral on all issues you mention, but things may change if Emily Maitless is presenting Newsnight

Nice to see that Tim Davie is enacting a long overdue control on BBC employees and contractors preventing them from offering political opinions in public, under pain of, ultimately, dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

BBC News were neutral on all issues you mention, but things may change if Emily Maitless is presenting Newsnight

Nice to see that Tim Davie is enacting a long overdue control on BBC employees and contractors preventing them from offering political opinions in public, under pain of, ultimately, dismissal.
    Do you mean the same Tim Davie who has been on the BBC executive for 12 years and also Director General twice and done feck all about the things he's talking about doing now Despite being paid £642,000 in 2019 no wonder he supports paying for licences

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Do you mean the same Tim Davie who has been on the BBC executive for 12 years and also Director General twice and done feck all about the things he's talking about doing now Despite being paid £642,000 in 2019 no wonder he supports paying for licences
    If you mean he gets paid too much, too right that’s outrageous

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

I wasn’t actually talking about the BBC in terms of neutrality...but it seemed fairly clear that the Guardian and Mirror are left leaning, the Independent relatively devoid of bias and the Express, Mail, Sun, Times and Telegraph all right leaning...or have I got that wrong?

I’m not sure what you mean about BBC employees and contractors offering political opinions. I haven’t seen the likes of Louise Minchin, Dan Walker, Naga Munchetty or Charlie Stayt ever doing that, but clearly those on more political or satirical programmes are paid to do precisely that, aren’t they?

Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)