+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    IF the Coventry example is true, Tricky - and there is still expert disagreement about the timings involved - then the ‘rabid foamers’ (aka those in possession of an effective moral compass perhaps) would have been right wouldn’t they?

As for ‘let he who is without sin, cast the first stone’...that’s all well and good, but if the ‘sinner’ is the guy who writes the rules then it provides a rather different perspective imo...and that is the point here.
    yes it is true.
    The reality is, he had a few hours of fore warning. It would have looked more obvious if anything was done like evacuation or a mass of AAA or fighter cover.
    He lived with it on his conscience.

Again, have I said he is innocent? No I haven't. But it's all well and good foaming at the mouth over one man, but others in positions of power and leadership have done the same thing.

Musketeers mucker. "all for one, one for all"

It actually doesn't make a difference whether the sinner wrote the rules. If the rules are for all, they are for all. By being involved in the authorship of the rules, he cannot claim not to have read or understood them - which he hasn't claimed as far as I know. If anything he knew them sufficiently well to spot the loopholes.

The other public miscreants memtioned elsethread didn't even have the nous to spot/exploit a loophole, they just ignored them.

So who is the greater sinner, and why should double standards be adopted based on the individual who transgressed. If people had sought to "punish" all public transgressors but not Cummings, there would have been a totally reasonable outcry. So why is it OK to "punish" him and noon else?

As far as I am aware there are 3 Labourites (Kinnock, Ali, Gethner). 2 Tory (Jenrick and Gove) and this damned advisor chappie, Cummings, all of whom should be goings IMO

Considering he's supposed to be media savvy, why did he think it sensible to say one of the reasons for his 'test drive' was to check his suspect eyesight with his family in the car?

This from a supposedly intelligent person, caring for his family.

The day trip is utter bollox made up because he was spotted, the whole spiel is one big fairy tale!
    His arrogance directs his thinking, he believes that we are all morons and will gobble up his crap, Bojo does so why not he reasons! In his blinkered world his imagined 'genius' will pull him through! How many days did they have to conjure up that work of fiction?? I made up far better 'get outs' when I was summoned to the Headmaster (sorry rA)!
    Tosser, end of!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    yes it is true.
    The reality is, he had a few hours of fore warning. It would have looked more obvious if anything was done like evacuation or a mass of AAA or fighter cover.
    He lived with it on his conscience.

Again, have I said he is innocent? No I haven't. But it's all well and good foaming at the mouth over one man, but others in positions of power and leadership have done the same thing.

Musketeers mucker. "all for one, one for all"
    Yes Kenrick what a nerve to tell us what we should being today. After what he did no wonder he wants us to move on As for Gove he's got more faces than Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    The day trip is utter bollox made up because he was spotted, the whole spiel is one big fairy tale!
    His arrogance directs his thinking, he believes that we are all morons and will gobble up his crap, Bojo does so why not he reasons! In his blinkered world his imagined 'genius' will pull him through! How many days did they have to conjure up that work of fiction?? I made up far better 'get outs' when I was summoned to the Headmaster (sorry rA)!
    Tosser, end of!
    Spot on Mac it's fairy tale stuff both him and Johnson panicking because they knew they had been rumbled Cummings wife writes a 1000 word story about how the family coped with suspected Covid ,but she never mention Durham . I bet Dominic and Johnson edited that one

So when we evaluate Cummings action, in addition to the 5 M's identified by MA:

Lets not forget the family of Rob Roberts, MP Delyn North Wales (where there has been no lifting of lockdown at all), who seemingly had a birthday party over the bank holiday. ALLEGEDLY They have the best excuse yet, as he can play the LGBT card as he "come out of the closet" only a few weeks ago and his wife (whose birthday it was) was not amused!! ALLEGEDLY

The rogues gallery would not be complete without mention of Jack Grealish and Kyle Walker from the world of football. From the medical field, Professor Ferguson and Dr Calderwood, both central to their respective government's stopathome campaigns, who both resigned after lockdown breaches.

Who can ignore Nigel Farage's "essential travel" or the actions of various lockdown protest groups at rallies all over the country. Then there are the 130 people who were fined for breaking lockdown in just Derbyshire in April. scale that up and we get maybe 250,000 fines across the UK in the 2 months lockdown so far.

And, as far as I am aware, all of them still retain (or voluntarily gave up) their jobs. No-one sacked.

So, it has to be a matter for his conscience - and I think we all can guess the outcome of that!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Tosser, end of!
    No need to say ‘sorry’ to me mac. I totally agree with you and I used to be much more expert at ‘get outs’ too.

Having said that, Cummings looked totally credible compared with Johnson’s current ongoing performance which is just embarrassing...again!

I think it does matter if you are the rule maker, GP. As I’ve said before I don’t care how many of the rule breakers are punished or which party they belong to, but the level of hypocrisy is surely greater if you purposely break the very rules that you have played a major part in introducing and telling others to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So when we evaluate Cummings action, in addition to the 5 M's identified by MA:

Lets not forget the family of Rob Roberts, MP Delyn North Wales (where there has been no lifting of lockdown at all), who seemingly had a birthday party over the bank holiday. ALLEGEDLY They have the best excuse yet, as he can play the LGBT card as he "come out of the closet" only a few weeks ago and his wife (whose birthday it was) was not amused!! ALLEGEDLY

The rogues gallery would not be complete without mention of Jack Grealish and Kyle Walker from the world of football. From the medical field, Professor Ferguson and Dr Calderwood, both central to their respective government's stopathome campaigns, who both resigned after lockdown breaches.

Who can ignore Nigel Farage's "essential travel" or the actions of various lockdown protest groups at rallies all over the country. Then there are the 130 people who were fined for breaking lockdown in just Derbyshire in April. scale that up and we get maybe 250,000 fines across the UK in the 2 months lockdown so far.

And, as far as I am aware, all of them still retain (or voluntarily gave up) their jobs. No-one sacked.

So, it has to be a matter for his conscience - and I think we all can guess the outcome of that!
    Dare I add Michael Ball to that list in his 'new job', journalist for the BBC, when he travelled from wherever to 'interview' Captain Tom, on his birthday?

Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)