+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    So what bit is hypocrisy
    March 18th At his Downing street briefing the PM said Everyone- everyone- must follow the advice to protect themselves and their families but also - more importantly to protect the wider public
    " So say At at HOME for 14days if one member in that household thinks he/she has the symptoms Children should not be left with older grandparents .
    What part of that did Cummings not understand
    The hypocrisy is clear from my longer post - who here even can claim to have complied 100%....

.... and home is further defined as being your primary dwelling. For Cummings that is London.

Just look at what Raab et al were demanding for Calderwood and Ferguson. Those 2 resigned. Now it's "one of their own" it's a different story.

Back to my earlier question, would anyone on here, in the same circumstances, acted any differently?

I've already said that we decided on the same course of action, if needed, some weeks ago.

Also, what's this love in with Sturgeon, I must admit that she comes across well, but looking at the facts, her government are no better than Westminster. Perhaps, its because she's never challenged on anything.

In Scotland, testing figures are worse than ours, as are care home deaths and many other things.

It took the biscuit this morning when the BBC showed her propaganda, I mean interview, regarding this Cummings affair. Without any challenge, she slated Boris for standing by Cummings, when her scientific advisor left after a similar incident. Did the interviewee not remember that sturgeon refused to sack this person and that she resigned in the end?

[QUOTE=Geoff Parkstone;39500736]The hypocrisy is clear from my longer post - who here even can claim to have complied 10

Geoff I admit to driving every day all over the country but only on business . Incidentally only been stopped by the police twice both times down the road in Borrowash . But Cummings story is entirely different ,has being proven by him being seen in different locations 240miles from his home Plus nobody on here is part of the government making the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Also, what's this love in with Sturgeon, I must admit that she comes across well, but looking at the facts, her government are no better than Westminster. Perhaps, its because she's never challenged on anything.

In Scotland, testing figures are worse than ours, as are care home deaths and many other things.

It took the biscuit this morning when the BBC showed her propaganda, I mean interview, regarding this Cummings affair. Without any challenge, she slated Boris for standing by Cummings, when her scientific advisor left after a similar incident. Did the interviewee not remember that sturgeon refused to sack this person and that she resigned in the end?
    That final sentence is very true. Certainly how I remember it, although tbf, she didn’t travel 260 miles believing herself to be a Covid-19 carrier.

As regards how would other people have acted differently...I think it’s been pointed out that he had family nearby and then there is the question of...did he really not have any friends/other ‘officials’ nearby who could have helped.

Perhaps the point is that the Scottish medical officer did eventually do the decent thing and resign when public opinion made clear that that was the expectation.
    As Andy, I think, pointed out...he can’t remember another occasion when the public has been so outraged by such a piece of hypocrisy as this.
    That doesn’t bode well for Cummings and perhaps more to the point, Johnson’s defence yesterday appeared just as hypocritical.

It appears Cummings' wife's sister lives in London, not far from Cummings.........

With regard to would I do the same? Thus far I am not aware of having infringed the Dutch CV instructions. I have one instance that would have infringed the UK ones but, as I don't live there, they are not applicable.

Whatever, Cummings obviously hadn't thought the possible repercussions through..... and then having the government lie for him by saying the police had NOT spoken to him or his family when they most definitely spoke with his father.........

As part of the team who comes up with these measures and being the architect of the slogans, he should have self isolated in his London home for 14 days. He should NOT have travelled to Durham endangering his parents, sister and niece.

There are, as yet, unsubstantiated stories about of his first, and admitted, trip up north coincided with his mother's birthday and the denied 2nd trip with his wife's birthday. Quite likely mere mischief making but it would be interesting to see if the supposed sighting in that wood WAS his wife's birthday and what would happen if photos appeared.......

........ was I right all along? If so, it had to happen sooner or later

I have been consistent over CV-19 on social media all along. I have continuously said that previous behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour and that, as CV-19 is a member of the same family as SARS, MERS, Avian Flu and others from the past 20 years and all of those "blew themselves out" before a vaccine was found, that the same was likely for CV-19 as well.

SARS etc still exist but are now considered insignificant. This quote from the Oxford vaccine team seems to point to me being right.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...rking-11993739

"it's a race against the virus disappearing".

Well I can't help but feel somewhat happy if it does disappear before the vaccine can be tested, although I suspect there will still be infected people elsewhere in the world to trial it on: if not just ask the Chinese for the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ........ was I right all along? If so, it had to happen sooner or later

I have been consistent over CV-19 on social media all along. I have continuously said that previous behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour and that, as CV-19 is a member of the same family as SARS, MERS, Avian Flu and others from the past 20 years and all of those "blew themselves out" before a vaccine was found, that the same was likely for CV-19 as well.

SARS etc still exist but are now considered insignificant. This quote from the Oxford vaccine team seems to point to me being right.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...rking-11993739
    MA, there’s a long, fascinating and quite difficult to read article in today’s Guardian (online) about an American guy who has lived with Polio - and an iron lung - since 1955. He’s 74 now and that particular epidemic is something that I certainly, and probably you and GP at least, will fearfully remember.

Uncomfortable reading, especially if you’re even a tad claustrophobic, but it does provide a perspective.

Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)