+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Please do! He should be jailed for disservice to music anyway!

But lets be realistic - we could be a nation of 66.65 million law breakers, and rA would still have it in for just one of them. Heaven help us should he ever let political bias cloud his judgement in the manner that he has accused TTR of
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 27-05-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

But lets be realistic - we could be a nation of 66.65 million law breakers, and rA would still have it in for just one of them. Heaven help us should he ever let political bias cloud his judgement in the manner that he has accused TTR of
    But, I do agree with him, that the law makers need to be whiter than white. In this case Cummings has pushed the boundaries too far, with his test drive reasoning.

He, of all people, should know that when the media set out to get something, they will do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    But, I do agree with him, that the law makers need to be whiter than white. In this case Cummings has pushed the boundaries too far, with his test drive reasoning.

He, of all people, should know that when the media set out to get something, they will do so.
    Cummings is a civil servant, not an elected member of the legislature: ergo he may be a law drafter, but he is not a law maker. That rests with parliament

Cummings is a civil servant, not an elected member of the legislature: ergo he may be a law drafter, but he is not a law maker. That rests with parliament
    Perhaps, I should have said part of the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Dare I add Michael Ball to that list in his 'new job', journalist for the BBC, when he travelled from wherever to 'interview' Captain Tom, on his birthday?
    And Ian Blackwood, who despite having a home in London at tax payers expense, drove back to Skye over 600 miles(I'm sure he did it without stopping), after the lock down, instead of staying in Londo, One of the biggest screamers calling for Cummings head. Pot and kettle springs to mind.

[QUOTE=Ram59;39502134]But, I do agree with him, that the law makers need to be whiter than white. In this case Cummings has pushed the boundaries too far, with his test drive reasoning.

He, of all people, should know that when the media set out to get something, they will do so

Spot on Ram he should also be made to tell us why he was so late for his interview But the arrogance of the man ,he will not be doing it .

What are you talking about and what am I meant to have accused TTR of, or are you **** stirring from about two weeks ago...again?
    I’ve been out most of the day, and I’ve said, twice...if they’ve broken the rules then they must pay the price whichever Party they belong to.
    I’ve even acknowledged that Cummings ran circles around the nation’s press.

My only points about Cummings are...1) I find his explanation of why he drove to Barnard Castle to be ridiculous and unbelievable.
    2) I find his rational in driving virtually the length of the country when he suspected that both he and his wife had Coronavirus to be completely irresponsible.
    3) I don’t think those who make the rules should break them...it’s called hypocrisy.

Why does that mean that I’m out to get Cummings to the exclusion of ‘66.65 million lawbreakers’?

Of course though, this isn't a witch hunt and all coverage will be based on impartiality,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What are you talking about and what am I meant to have accused TTR of, or are you **** stirring from about two weeks ago...again?
    I’ve been out most of the day, and I’ve said, twice...if they’ve broken the rules then they must pay the price whichever Party they belong to.

My only points about Cummings are...1) I find his explanation of why he drove to Barnard Castle to be ridiculous and unbelievable.
    2) I find his rational in driving virtually the length of the country when he suspected that both he and his wife had Coronavirus to be completely irresponsible.
    3) I don’t think those who make the rules should break them...it’s called hypocrisy.,

Why does that mean that I’m out to get Cummings to the exclusion of ‘66.65 million lawbreakers’?
    What he is on about RA, was that you accused me of basing my responses on political bias.
    I was not defending Cummings, but I was defending the right to fair treatment for all.
    That makes me look like a Cummings supporter, even though I said sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

3) I don’t think those who make the rules should break them...it’s called hypocrisy.

Somewhere in the debate on Cummings either here or the dedicated thread you suggested tricky was showing political bias when pointing to 3 Labour mp's who had broken lockdown and gone unpunished. Was earlier this werk or weekend I believe.

What's good for the goose.....

Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)