+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Somewhere in the debate on Cummings either here or the dedicated thread you suggested tricky was showing political bias when pointing to 3 Labour mp's who had broken lockdown and gone unpunished. Was earlier this werk or weekend I believe.

What's good for the goose.....
    Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I agree, of course it stinks.
    The man is an idiot.

But I'll say it again. He isn't on his own is he?
    Kinnock/Ali/ Gething all are MP's that have been rumbled.
    Yet the hounding of one man is getting farcical now. Those reporters and rent a mob left, outside his house was farcical.
    So is this really all about breaking Corona, or the fact it is Cummings and some folk have an axe to grind?
    My money is on the latter, as all West minster goers would get this.
    Firstly, Tricky...the man clearly isn’t an ‘idiot’. He’s extremely bright, though imo totally misguided, and he’s just run circles around the nation’s press and left the PM looking like an ‘idiot’.

Secondly...you seem, with your selective choice of wrongdoers, to be the only person making clear party political capital out of this.
    I’ll admit I don’t like the man or his politics and I’ll admit to believing that Johnson and at least half his Cabinet are unfit to govern but this matter transcends party politics.

So yes, part of me is happy to see them embarrassed, although I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership, but this is a case of the ‘rich man in his castle (Barnard Castle in this case) the poor man at his gate’ (and no further)...this is ‘one rule for me and another for you’...this is the rule makers being caught out as the rule breakers and that, imo, is the whole point.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree, of course it stinks.
    The man is an idiot.

But I'll say it again. He isn't on his own is he?
    Kinnock/Ali/ Gething all are MP's that have been rumbled.
    Yet the hounding of one man is getting farcical now. Those reporters and rent a mob left, outside his house was farcical.
    So is this really all about breaking Corona, or the fact it is Cummings and some folk have an axe to grind?
    My money is on the latter, as all West minster goers would get this.
    Firstly, Tricky...the man clearly isn’t an ‘idiot’. He’s extremely bright, though imo totally misguided, and he’s just run circles around the nation’s press and left the PM looking like an ‘idiot’.

Secondly...you seem, with your selective choice of wrongdoers, to be the only person making clear party political capital out of this.
    I’ll admit I don’t like the man or his politics and I’ll admit to believing that Johnson and at least half his Cabinet are unfit to govern but this matter transcends party politics.

So yes, part of me is happy to see them embarrassed, although I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership, but this is a case of the ‘rich man in his castle (Barnard Castle in this case) the poor man at his gate’ (and no further)...this is ‘one rule for me and another for you’...this is the rule makers being caught out as the rule breakers and that, imo, is the whole point.
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation.

My suggestion was that in singling out Kinnock, Ali and Gething - and ignoring Gove and Jenrick - you were being very selective in your Party political choice of miscreants.

It’s probably, on reflection, a fair criticism and I also admitted, elsewhere, that I have no time for Cummings or Johnson so while ‘part of me is happy to see them embarrassed...I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership’.

That about sums up my feelings. It is my belief that Cummings and Johnson are dishonest, ruthless, narcissistic individuals who are bad for the country, but I remain capable of objectivity and ultimately, no matter how much you may try and deflect, this is about what Dominic Cummings has done...and objectively he has broken four of the rules he created.

In no way am I attempting to absolve any of the other alleged wrongdoers, but this thread and this case is about the behaviour of the PM’s chief advisor...the guy who - in case we’ve lost sight of his actions - believing he and his wife had Coronavirus, chose NOT to stay at home, drove 260 miles to the north of the country, stayed adjacent to his elderly parents and then went for a nice drive out to a local(ish) beauty spot to test the suitability of his eyes for driving.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-05-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation.

My suggestion was that in singling out Kinnock, Ali and Gething - and ignoring Gove and Jenrick - you were being very selective in your Party political choice of miscreants.

It’s probably, on reflection, a fair criticism and I also admitted, elsewhere, that I have no time for Cummings or Johnson so while ‘part of me is happy to see them embarrassed...I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership’.

That about sums up my feelings. It is my belief that Cummings and Johnson are dishonest, ruthless, narcissistic individuals who are bad for the country, but I remain capable of objectivity and ultimately, no matter how much you may try and deflect, this is about what Dominic Cummings has done...and objectively he has broken four of the rules he created.

In no way am I attempting to absolve any of the other alleged wrongdoers, but this thread and this case is about the behaviour of the PM’s chief advisor...the guy who - in case we’ve lost sight of his actions - believing he and his wife had Coronavirus, chose NOT to stay at home, drove 260 miles to the north of the country, stayed adjacent to his elderly parents and then went for a nice drive out to a local(ish) beauty spot to test the suitability of his eyes for driving.
    Sorry RA, you cannot whitewash away the argument of hypocrisy over a thread title.
    While debating Cummings misdemeaners, the collective facts have to be levelled on the table.
    This forum/ the media/parliament/members of the public are guilty of it.

The latest is Lisa Nandy, who screams on tv for Cummings to be sacked, yet has the cheek to defend those Labour MP'S mentioned.

LISA NANDY sparked uproar from Good Morning Britain (GM viewers on Twitter after she defended Labour MP Stephen Kinnock for breaking lockdown while insisting Dominic Cummings should apologise.
    GMB: Lisa Nandy defends Neil Kinnock breaking lockdown

Anything else, is an effort to impose draconian law and sensor news/topics/opinions.

Seems to have quite a ring to it, lately.

Sorry RA, you cannot whitewash away the argument of hypocrisy over a thread title.
    While debating Cummings misdemeaners, the collective facts have to be levelled on the table.
    This forum/ the media/parliament/members of the public are guilty of it.

The latest is Lisa Nandy, who screams on tv for Cummings to be sacked, yet has the cheek to defend those Labour MP'S mentioned.

LISA NANDY sparked uproar from Good Morning Britain (GM viewers on Twitter after she defended Labour MP Stephen Kinnock for breaking lockdown while insisting Dominic Cummings should apologise.
    GMB: Lisa Nandy defends Neil Kinnock breaking lockdown

Anything else, is an effort to impose draconian law and sensor news/topics/opinions.

Seems to have quite a ring to it, lately.
    I’m not attempting to ‘whitewash away’ anything Tricky, and I’ve already said Steven Kinnock’s ‘crime’ appeared much smaller than Cummings’ so to that extent I agree with Lisa Nandy, but I’ve no idea what she said because I’ve never watched GMB.

I don’t know what else you want me to say. I agree that people should ALL be judged according to their level of culpability...I’ve said all along that such judgement should be regardless of Party affiliation...I just happen to believe, from what I/we know, that Cummings has broken more rules and happens to be by far the most influential of the ‘wrongdoers’ and therefore the greatest hypocrite.

If you want the country to behave in a certain way you can’t, imo, have the arch exponent of strategy readily and cynically breaking the rules that we have all been told we must abide by. Simple as that.

Britain's unsung heroes is on channel 4 atm, very humbling.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not attempting to ‘whitewash away’ anything Tricky, and I’ve already said Steven Kinnock’s ‘crime’ appeared much smaller than Cummings’ so to that extent I agree with Lisa Nandy, but I’ve no idea what she said because I’ve never watched GMB.

I don’t know what else you want me to say. I agree that people should ALL be judged according to their level of culpability...I’ve said all along that such judgement should be regardless of Party affiliation...I just happen to believe, from what I/we know, that Cummings has broken more rules and happens to be by far the most influential of the ‘wrongdoers’ and therefore the greatest hypocrite.
    See
    If you want the country to behave in a certain way you can’t, imo, have the arch exponent of strategy readily and cynically breaking the rules that we have all been told we must abide by. Simple as that.
    See
    RA your wasting your time mate I've tried to explain to Tricky this thread is about Cummings anyone else he wants to talk about post a new thread then we can discuss that As for Geoff he always an opinion on everything and a solution on nothing As Swales always says he talks bolloxs most of time

Britain's unsung heroes is on channel 4 atm, van drivers, bus drivers, shop workers, bin men and lady, etc, getting some recognition, well done channel 4.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    See
    RA your wasting your time mate I've tried to explain to Tricky this thread is about Cummings anyone else he wants to talk about post a new thread then we can discuss that As for Geoff he always an opinion on everything and a solution on nothing As Swales always says he talks bolloxs most of time
    Well there you go RA. You have a fellow torch burner.
    Forget the rights/wrongs.
    He's guilty and no one else has done anything, so I was wrong to bring it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfRt573CYI

Rent a mob?

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39502313]Well there you go RA. You have a fellow torch burner.
    Forget the rights/wrongs.
    He's guilty and no one else has done anything, so I was wrong to bring it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqfRt573CYI

Jeez...who’s said ‘no one else has done anything’?

You really have lost the plot on this one. You’re not even on the right thread anymore, the PM’s own Party are making the biggest fuss of all about his chief aid having to go and, more to the point, on the actual Cummings’ thread that GP started, you were the first one to say he had to be sacked!

Unbelievable BBC Breakfast, they've just interviewed 2 students confined to accommodation, because of the number of infections at their uni. They were joking with them about their hardship and the one said that she'd been tested positive but that her symptoms were mild, but they were sitting shoulder to shoulder for the interview and were not wearing a mask.

The BBC never thought to ask the other student if she should be sitting so close. The BBC shouldn't have even allowed the interview to go ahead. As a result of this interview, I would say that the other student was highly likely to have been infected with the virus.

Totally irresponsible.

Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)