Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
There's far too much point scoring, trying to cause the politicians to trip up or drop a sensationalist headline. It's counter productive, wastes people's time on worrying about whether *insert news outlet here* is going to demand their resignation, so accountability is eroded to protect individuals employment. Potentially useful press conferences where we should be able to seek information and discuss concerns, start with the politicians immediately putting their defences up, therefore we get a shirade. Its a shame in a crisis like this, as we should all be singing from the same sheet. But hey, me and my leftie views!

I stopped following it all a couple of years ago, so only see it in chunks where it comes on the radio or the wife's watching it when I'm in the room. I can honestly say it's one of the best choices I made for my sanity.

I blame the advent of 24 hour / multiple news bulletins. If they only had 20 minutes to update you on the news, you'd get all the information you needed without all the crap that goes with it. Instead they try to fill far too much time, with nothing useful to actually report
Well put, and yes rolling news and the need of the army of journalists to justify their jobs is partly to blame. Not sure your views are leftie, just pretty sensible