+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deid (barman edition)

Deid (barman edition)

Sandy Broon fae the lumpie.

RIP min

Sad news. Was a regular in the Lumpie for years. Saturday's before and after a game, Friday or Saturday night upstairs, in the bar if we didn't go to an away game. Listening on the radio and playing one of the best jukers in town. RIP Sandy min.

Proper Mannies’ local legend. Proper Mannies’ boozer.
    That jukebox (nae in use) is still in the upstairs bar, I think, it and a rake of redundant fruit machines playing fast with regulations pertaining to upper floor fire escapes.

I am sure when the Aberdeen Mad Golf Outings were on the go we went in there and he gave us biscuits and cheese (free) while we were having drinks. A great host.

RIP
    Last edited by redscot; 25-04-2020 at 05:01 PM.

I just read that Sandy's grandson is taking over the Lumpie.

This means that I can go in after New Year and demand a free pint because his Great Grunnie used to give me one.*

Bloody hell, I'm getting old.

* a pint

A former poster on here, sheep1903 maybe, who uses the Lampie as the venue for the classy musical acts he brings to town, informed me that it re-opens on 14 November. **** me, that’s tomorrow.

Despite the temptation to head doon to participate in some sort of wake for Sandy, firing up Little Feat’s Long Distance Love, or Poco’s Rose of Cimarron on the jukebox, I’m keeping away from pubs until the all-clear’s been sounded.

Yer fine to pop down the now Vintage if you fancy. Aberdeen’s been given the all clear from the Glasgow license trade mafia Name:  FB5FF97A-7042-4A17-8080-99C641B9F2EE.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  12.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yer fine to pop down the now Vintage if you fancy. Aberdeen’s been given the all clear from the Glasgow license trade mafia Name:  FB5FF97A-7042-4A17-8080-99C641B9F2EE.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  12.1 KB
    **** all to do with me. The footage of the braindead fannies in Soul last night shows exactly why I’ll not be parking my arse on a bar stool anywhere until the armistice is signed and I won’t be forced into scrubsing-up like useless fanny doctor Roger Hurley to be trusted with a scalding Americano in my local Crema.

The FM’s had a good week though, with her discovering the vaccine and through her heroic shift in Belgrade.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 13-11-2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Get on down to New Orleans

Scoff all you like.

The build up to the finals won't do the SNP vote in May any harm at all.

I thought she took her penalty perfectly.

Peter Sutcliffe was a barman in town?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast