+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Large firms......

Indeed...which will arguably place you just as much at risk in Tesco or Pride Park as on RyanAir. You don’t end up in two or three weeks of quarantine with any of them though.

There again...I’ve just remembered how this bit of the thread started and I think you should all immediately go and book a Carnival cruise now!

P.S. Sorry Ram, that reply was to GP. You and I overlapped and I bow to your greater knowledge. Trust you booked with Carnival and thanks for increasing my dividend.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-04-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    All good suggestions, but no. Think of an industry where not only are the majority of the client group disappearing, but the whole concept suddenly seems horribly flawed.

Okay...a little more detail...so red and white striped ones for Stokies, blue and white hoops for QPR fans and badges on for those with solid plain shirts. Mel could sell 15,000 Ram based black and white masks within days.
    Let’s face it...the great irony is...we’re all going to be ‘letterboxes’ soon.
    Or we all go naked and have to travel through disinfection showers every 100 yards,

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    So what do then Tricky nationalise Virgin Airlines like we did Rolls Royce . Tom Boyer writing in the Financial Times says we shouldn't be helping a company that has been losing money for years ie Thomas Cook
    I think you will have to help Virgin, help protect jobs. As I said, much as I despise Branson, what alternative is there?
    I'd love to see Branson pay as much as possible first, before the tax payer comes in.
    If the tax payer does come in, then surely it would have to hold part ownership before being bought back out. It's what happened before to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Or we all go naked and have to travel through disinfection showers every 100 yards,
    As long as Mr Corbyn isn't in charge of the showers 🤔

The Dutch government have announced a rescue package for Air France/KLM. They have 14% of the shares as does the French government.

Depending on how things pan out it will be for between €2Bn and €4Bn. They have already got the 2 top executives to waive their bonuses. There will be NO dividend paid out while the bailout is still in force. Makes the opening post appear reasonably accurate.

Just been watching ITN news about the effect of our large companies cancelling orders in Bangladesh. They featured a husband and wife who have lost their jobs and a combined income of £160 per MONTH. Surely, shouldn't contracts be honoured?

Also, its brought home to me that we love our bargains at Primark (well, the wife does), but at what cost to the workers in other parts of the world. It's not just the cheap brands either, expensive brands from companies making massive fortunes are doing so on the back of these people living in proper poverty.

It's difficult to know which companies are exploiting these people, is it just our big names or is the owners of the companies over there?

Made me think about fair trade goods a bit more, just like I've thought about small local businesses lately and how important they've been. I'm going to try and use them a bit more, after this is all over.

Agreed yay for the corner shop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)