+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Attn Sinkov

Plenty of argument, particularly about care homes. however, as I pointed out on another thread, 8 out of 10 care beds are in private ownership and these homes are receiving large amounts to care for their residents. Any shortage of protective equipment in these privatley owned homes is the fault of those running the homes and the CQC must not be doing their job properly if these places can get away with this sort of thing. Sinkov highlighted this yesterday when he told of his exploits going to inspect places for Fire Safety. When they were under the public umbrella the jobs got done very quickly ---interesting thoughts.

Super, private care homes receive money from local councils to pay for someones care. The amount that councils are able to pay is diminishingly small. Most care homes are really struggling and many go out of business because the council funding is simply not enough.

the Government has promised to address this for years but we are still waiting.

"Well, they should have had enough PPE for starters."

Yes of course they should, and in an ideal world they would, but they haven't, so what should have been done ? I mean what SHOULD have been done, tell me, not just fatuous ranting ?

Incidentally, I don't need any lectures on Care Homes or their staff, I spent 28 years inspecting them for Social Services and my mother-in-law died last year after five years in one. We visited at least twice a week, sometimes more often, so that's probably around 700 hours in Care Homes over the last five years. I've helped the girls pick her off the floor, sit her on the loo, get her dressed and wipe her bum, and never once did they ask for that help, so I know how hard they work and how little they get paid and I don't need lectures about it.

What I would like is to know is how they should have been supplied with the PPE they are so lacking ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Well, they should have had enough PPE for starters."

Yes of course they should, and in an ideal world they would, but they haven't, so what should have been done ? I mean what SHOULD have been done, tell me, not just fatuous ranting ?

Incidentally, I don't need any lectures on Care Homes or their staff, I spent 28 years inspecting them for Social Services and my mother-in-law died last year after five years in one. We visited at least twice a week, sometimes more often, so that's probably around 700 hours in Care Homes over the last five years. I've helped the girls pick her off the floor, sit her on the loo, get her dressed and wipe her bum, and never once did they ask for that help, so I know how hard they work and how little they get paid and I don't need lectures about it.

What I would like is to know is how they should have been supplied with the PPE they are so lacking ?
    Well, I'm glad that we agree that the PPE should have been available Mon Ami.

What should have been done? The Government themselves agreed that the greatest risk to this country is pandemic influenza. So surely the stock of essential equipment should have been stockpiled. (The equipment is exactly the same for coronavirus as it is for influenza, PPE, testing swabs etc).
    And it was stockpiled for many years, but it has been allowed to be run down recently.

Like I say, I am not making a political point - I would say the same if the the Lib Dems were in power.

As for care homes, I was pointing out that, until now, working in a care home has been treated as a low level job. And I think you agree?
    Funding for Social Care is now less than in 2010/11 at £19B. To get back to the 2010/11 level of care would need a budget of £32B. The Government has promised action for years but are yet to deliver.
    Perhaps this will finally change.

No need for an arguement, I think we both realise that action needs to be taken urgently.

"if the the Lib Dems were in power."

Attachment 15693

The situation in this country has been appalling for many years.On one hand you have the medical profession and their researchers working on ways to extend our lives and they have and continue to be relatively successful.However,due to our political situation no Government have been prepared to do what is necessary to fund our constantly increasing number of old people.Why? Because they are afraid of losing the next election if they try and face the financial implications.Once reaching 100 years old is commonplace goodness only knows what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    The situation in this country has been appalling for many years.On one hand you have the medical profession and their researchers working on ways to extend our lives and they have and continue to be relatively successful.However,due to our political situation no Government have been prepared to do what is necessary to fund our constantly increasing number of old people.Why? Because they are afraid of losing the next election if they try and face the financial implications.Once reaching 100 years old is commonplace goodness only knows what will happen.
    Dead easy to answer that one barrie. Just cull them like they are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

No need for an arguement,
    We don't have 'arguments' 59, we might disagree, so we'll discuss our differences, sometimes more forcefully than others, but arguments, nah, we're like Mrs Merton me and you, we just like a heated discussion.
    Last edited by sinkov; 30-04-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "if the the Lib Dems were in power."

Attachment 15693
    Hey behave, as a gesture of goodwill to my mate 59, I ignored that one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hey behave, as a gesture of goodwill to my mate 59, I ignored that one.
    I'll ignore it too.

After all, we are negotiating a coalition!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)