+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Final Day of the Season

Final Day of the Season

Today being the 25th of April, it would have been the Alex’s final scheduled game (at Cambridge), so I declare Crewe Alexandra League Champions! P.S. Vale failed to make the play-offs and SJoke were relegated weeks ago.

I expect it would have been a tight finish! Do we now confirm who we might release/offer new contracts to? Who would we buy to give us a genuine chance of a prolonged stay in League One? Now that Hassell has gone, does DA have a decent transfer pot to strengthen the squad?

And let's not allow anyone to take that away from us!!

From what Bowler and Grant were saying, it would probably be the season after next where we get the benefit as next season's budget is already sorted.

Having only just got the finances and ownership sorted out I don’t suppose the new Board are going to want to take any unnecessary risks, particularly in times as uncertain as this. Who knows if, how and when this season will end of what next season will look like - the only certainty is it won’t look the same as the past few years.

It was, however, encouraging to see that Nottingham has had his loan extended (and the indications are that Anene and Walker will too) so the Board are being as positive as they can and are looking up.