+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew

No doubt Alan P will be celebrating Den Haag staying up under his leadership today. Signed a contract to end of the season no doubt heavily weighted to keeping them up.

Managed to win his first game and non after that. Club 7 points adrift in last place when lockdown started in Holland. Yesterday Dutch football abandoned the season with all relegation and promotion cancelled.

No doubt Alan’s lawyers will argue that he has fulfilled his commitment and kept them up!! Another achievement for his long cv.

Padew, Pulis and Moore.. three of our previous managers that we should have given them a chance as they would have managed to change things around, apparently.

Only Darren Moore I have total respect for as he served us well as a player and i’m glad we gave him a chance as our manager despite it not ending well for him.
    Pardew and Pulis, how long till club owners realize that the managerial merry go round these two have been should raise alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Padew, Pulis and Moore.. three of our previous managers that we should have given them a chance as they would have managed to change things around, apparently.

Only Darren Moore I have total respect for as he served us well as a player and i’m glad we gave him a chance as our manager despite it not ending well for him.
    Pardew and Pulis, how long till club owners realize that the managerial merry go round these two have been should raise alarm.
    Agreed, Pardew walking disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Agreed, Pardew walking disaster...

I agree Swedish! Still think had Megson stayed on things may have been different. Big Dave was clearly out of his depth as a manager and I lost some respect for him with many pathetic selections and the team selection when hammered at Leeds was the straw that broke the camels back!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree Swedish! Still think had Megson stayed on things may have been different. Big Dave was clearly out of his depth as a manager and I lost some respect for him with many pathetic selections and the team selection when hammered at Leeds was the straw that broke the camels back!
    Yeah, but I think there is a major difference between Moore, at the beginning of a managerial career, and Pardew, a supposed experienced manager when and if you compare their achievements with us.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ...... the team selection when hammered at Leeds was the straw that broke the camels back!
    Look on the bright side Al', at least you didn't have to pay the admission for the 'privilege'. I fkn did.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Look on the bright side Al', at least you didn't have to pay the admission for the 'privilege'. I fkn did.

That's the point - I was fkn there! Went with a Leeds mate ( who paid ) as he said he had decent seats so thought it would be half way line/corporate - fkn **** had seats next to their kop! Horrible experience - horrible supporters! Playing Barry in a midfield of 4 was almost as fkn stupid as playing Gayle on the wing!

The Pardew debacle at Den Haag makes me cast my mind back and think 'what the hell were our wonderful backroom Rodneys doing giving him a job at Albion'

Stay safe baggie boys and girls.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)