+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who renewing/getting season ticket?

I won’t either. Bt in current climate with major recession round corner can understand why some will.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    only 1500 sold?

Thought it would be alot more than that but cant blame people for holding off to see whats happening, only issue with that is we starve the club of money for signings
    Renewed today after being reminded of early bird period, here's hoping for the news to keep improving:-)

I completely understand anyone in financial difficulty asking for their money back.I feel the same about people not renewing or buying a ST for next season as well,charity begins at home.

None of us in the Bedsit think we will be in the ET Upper in August,we may well not be in Tannadice this year.I paid my ticket by card and the other 3 on finance over 6 months.

We bought the tickets because i pointed out that Scottish clubs will fold if fans cannot attend games and we just don't want United to be one of them.What a bummer it would be if after 4 years of watching shyte we went tits up before taking to the field in the Premiership.

Probably my most honest post ever on this board,its teams like us,the Dees and other clubs of a similar size who i think are at most threat of going under.Wee clubs like Forfar or Brechin should be fine,a couple of race nights or celidh's and they are sorted.

Both the city clubs have good owners but none of them really have football at heart and they reside in the USA.There is no guarantee they will want to remain in Scottish football with this pandemic.

Our owner has said from day one he wants to make money from his investment and that has just got a whole lot harder with no fans allowed in his stadium.

I think the wee clubs are struggling. It's just when they talk numbers there is a zero less on the end. They are all losing money. Maybe thousands not tens of thousands.
    Who are the most vulnerable? I heard Inverness? Are Dundee FC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I think the wee clubs are struggling. It's just when they talk numbers there is a zero less on the end. They are all losing money. Maybe thousands not tens of thousands.
    Who are the most vulnerable? I heard Inverness? Are Dundee FC?
    Dundee FC were losing over a million a year before this even in the Premiership and posted losses last year of £1.8million but they have no debt as the Texans are covering the losses by way of conversion to shares, or just writing cheques.
    They can't convert any more losses to shares because they're maxed out I believe.

We are in a very similar position in terms of losing money annually, but we've been promoted so hopefully our owners will see some return eventually. We also have saleable assets and haven't squandered millions on a shiny new Theatre of Groans like they have. There's a black hole thats only getting bigger over there and I could definitely see this as an opportunity for the Texans to cut their losses and get out of Dodge if they've had enough. I suppose it depends how rich they are and how comfortable they are burning through millions.

Inverness, no idea, there was rumours of admin long before Covid though. They've been belt tightening for months so would imagine very much at risk. They should amalgamate with Ross County, St Johnstone and the Sheep to form one decent club 😁

Bought a season ticket for next season - first time in approx 20 years I think!
    When matches do eventually happen, I’m not sure how many I’ll make, but in the current situation it seemed the easiest way to try and help the club.

Quote Originally Posted by arabd View Post
    Bought a season ticket for next season - first time in approx 20 years I think!
    When matches do eventually happen, I’m not sure how many I’ll make, but in the current situation it seemed the easiest way to try and help the club.
    Totally commend your actions to support the club.I honestly do not think enough people realise how close the whole of Scottish football is to collapse.

I completely understand how important the virus thread is but its soul destroying when its at times the only thread in motion.The Huddersfield Town chairman was on Talk Sport today predicting the whole English pyramid is in danger of collapsing unless there is financial support.

Only my opinion but ros should maybe get together with the Dingwall Kid and the Godfather to work out a plan to save their club for a third time on his own board.

We should be doing the same on here rather than pontificating on the actions of Nicola,Boris and Dominic,lets face it if the club dies so does this board.

If you are an Arab with spare money buy a season ticket and worry about its value later,if you are an Arab with some spare money but not enough to buy a season book offer the club some PATG dough with the proviso that you get value for that investment further down the line.

I asked a relative to contact someone in the club to tell them i wanted something for the £1680.00 the Bedsit paid in last week and was promised a statement would follow shortly from the club but i'm still waiting.

Its disappointing that a plan is not in the public domain yet to reassure fans that their hard earned money is needed and we will be given something to compensate us if games are played behind closed doors for the remainder of the year.

If i ran the club that would have been in place from the very day that season tickets went on sale,the suits at the club have had months of twiddling their thumbs with F ALL to do.They should have realised that thousands of fans will not buy tickets for games they may not be allowed to attend.

To secure the future of their investment,shares,jobs etc etc a statement must be made soon asking current season ticket holders to renew and offering them free merchandise,hospitality,away day trips,live streaming of games or anything else they want if games are to be played behind closed doors.

It is only my opinion but to just put season tickets up for sale as if everything is normal was a massive mistake,the fans are hearing stories everyday of no football with fans in 2020,no fans at games till there is a vaccine,they really need to give the support a plan A,B and C if they want their backing before a ball is kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Totally commend your actions to support the club.I honestly do not think enough people realise how close the whole of Scottish football is to collapse.

I completely understand how important the virus thread is but its soul destroying when its at times the only thread in motion.The Huddersfield Town chairman was on Talk Sport today predicting the whole English pyramid is in danger of collapsing unless there is financial support.

Only my opinion but ros should maybe get together with the Dingwall Kid and the Godfather to work out a plan to save their club for a third time on his own board.

We should be doing the same on here rather than pontificating on the actions of Nicola,Boris and Dominic,lets face it if the club dies so does this board.

If you are an Arab with spare money buy a season ticket and worry about its value later,if you are an Arab with some spare money but not enough to buy a season book offer the club some PATG dough with the proviso that you get value for that investment further down the line.

I asked a relative to contact someone in the club to tell them i wanted something for the £1680.00 the Bedsit paid in last week and was promised a statement would follow shortly from the club but i'm still waiting.

Its disappointing that a plan is not in the public domain yet to reassure fans that their hard earned money is needed and we will be given something to compensate us if games are played behind closed doors for the remainder of the year.

If i ran the club that would have been in place from the very day that season tickets went on sale,the suits at the club have had months of twiddling their thumbs with F ALL to do.They should have realised that thousands of fans will not buy tickets for games they may not be allowed to attend.

To secure the future of their investment,shares,jobs etc etc a statement must be made soon asking current season ticket holders to renew and offering them free merchandise,hospitality,away day trips,live streaming of games or anything else they want if games are to be played behind closed doors.

It is only my opinion but to just put season tickets up for sale as if everything is normal was a massive mistake,the fans are hearing stories everyday of no football with fans in 2020,no fans at games till there is a vaccine,they really need to give the support a plan A,B and C if they want their backing before a ball is kicked.
    I think that's a bit harsh on the club to be honest. Nobody has a frigging clue what's going to happen here, tomorrow, next week or next year! How can the club release any meaningful statement just now when they don't know sh1t about what's going on, nobody does? I agree with you that if you can afford a season ticket you should buy it as I really feel this situation is so bad that many clubs could go to the wall here. However to suggest that the club should be wasting time and money during this crisis giving away free merchandise/hospitality etc. is nonsense. I can't afford to chuck away £340, believe me, but I'm just going to have to suck it up because we're in uncharted territory here.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh on the club to be honest. Nobody has a frigging clue what's going to happen here, tomorrow, next week or next year! How can the club release any meaningful statement just now when they don't know sh1t about what's going on, nobody does? I agree with you that if you can afford a season ticket you should buy it as I really feel this situation is so bad that many clubs could go to the wall here. However to suggest that the club should be wasting time and money during this crisis giving away free merchandise/hospitality etc. is nonsense. I can't afford to chuck away £340, believe me, but I'm just going to have to suck it up because we're in uncharted territory here.
    agree JJ, club cant release anything as they dont know anything

I still think August we'll start up

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)