+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Who renewing/getting season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    'asking current season ticket holders to renew and offering them free merchandise,hospitality,away day trips,live streaming of games or anything else they want'

I don't see any other way of reading the words 'offering them free merchandise'...
    I mean offer them anything in the future rather than their money back,sorry we seem to be on a completely different wavelength mate i really am only trying to help the club.Hopefully my post above makes my original post clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Social distancing in football grounds is impossible IMHO...
    Very true Terence,i would not feel comfortable in the concourse area's.Can you imagine the Q's for the toilet's if there is limited numbers allowed in at one time?.

Just renewed the young lads, the auld mans and my own.

A club official on here? is it Noel do a back flip?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    A club official on here? is it Noel do a back flip?
    Nah mate,and by phuck i'm making this hard for myself . I know you pay your season ticket a year in advance,but unfortunately no everyone backs the club the way you do.

I know a few that buy a season ticket for their own financial benefit as well as the club's of course,i have been asking through a relative someone at the club to think of ways to entice fans to renew even if we are not allowed in Tannadice in August.

The said relative got back in touch with me last Monday saying the club were due to release a statement soon to encourage fans to either buy or renew their season tickets with a range of offers if games had to be played behind closed doors for some of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Just renewed the young lads, the auld mans and my own.
    Well done fellow Arab.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What people need to come to terms with is there a lot of supporters of all clubs out there who buy season tickets because they are better value for money than PATG.If they think that no fans will be allowed in Tannadice till say January 2021 they will just hold off and purchase a half season ticket at Christmas thus depriving the club of much needed revenue now.

I will not name the club official on this board who assured my relative that a statement was imminent regarding buying a season ticket when fans may not be allowed to attend Tannadice.

Can i just post again what i was saying last night?.As far as i am concerned United can keep every single penny of my money i will not be asking for anything back even if no fans are allowed in Tannadice for the whole of next season.

If United were to contact me and offer to refund say £200 for games i had missed i would say to them,"Keep my money but give me a free day out at Hospo sometime in the future when social distancing has been relaxed or binned.The club benefit's because it probably only costs them around £50 for my day out.

I know fans out there who can buy and sell me 10 times over but are pretty thrifty and they have said,"Due to the uncertainty i am holding off with my renewal until i know what is happening."Maybe just maybe they would be more inclined to renew if the club offered them some kind of compensation in the future ie merchandise from the shop,hospo etc etc.

It makes financial sense for the club to offer fans anything rather than their money back do you see what i mean?.
    Agree with that GB . Renewing my season ticket beginning of next week, even if we don't actually get back into Tannadice till January I'll just accept it. Like most on here wasn't looking for any partial refund on last season's season ticket and the Captains lounge hospitality we had also booked. Would just hope that when things get back to normal whether it's in two years time the club remembers all those that did help the club at this time. Still subscribe to Arabzone and have done since day 1,even though I'm hardly on it and again as long as I can afford it along with my season ticket I will continue to do so.
    A thank you letter from he chairman will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Agree with that GB . Renewing my season ticket beginning of next week, even if we don't actually get back into Tannadice till January I'll just accept it. Like most on here wasn't looking for any partial refund on last season's season ticket and the Captains lounge hospitality we had also booked. Would just hope that when things get back to normal whether it's in two years time the club remembers all those that did help the club at this time. Still subscribe to Arabzone and have done since day 1,even though I'm hardly on it and again as long as I can afford it along with my season ticket I will continue to do so.
    A thank you letter from he chairman will do me.
    Thank phuck someone finally added 2 and 2 together and got 4,WASC,FACT.

Not taking anything away from anyone who has bought a season ticket, but given we are being linked with a player who has a value of £200,000, I'd be interested to know just how much the club actually needs our money right now? I'd say chat like 'survival' & 'going to the wall' are maybe a bit off the mark tbh.

I think I read that Hibs were planning on offering season ticketholders who lost out on games this season a VIP day out watching the squad train etc? Or was that a strange lockdown dream?🤔

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)