+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Who renewing/getting season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Yeah and by doing that I would imagine there's a strong chance the club will be in administration in 6 months. No thanks, United can keep my money.
    How so? It seems to have boosted their short term cash flow by increasing sales, at the expense of a reduction in gate receipts when fans are allowed back in again. Why would it affect them in six months? I would imagine it's a calculated decision, although I obviously I can't speak for their board.

If United do need the fans money just now, then I think they could do more to offer assurance to people that they are getting some sort of value, rather than must pretending its business as usual, its in both United and the fans best interests.

If United don't need the fans money, well why should anyone bother. The majority of the season ticket money goes to well paid young men, the majority of whom earn more than the average fan, being bankrolled by a millionaire owner who's looking to make a profit.

There are some fans who will be happy for united to take their money, wanting absolutely nothing in return, and I've a lot of respect for them. For a lot of fans that won't cut the mustard though, and I don't think United can afford to ignore them.

There is no way things will be back to anything like normal in August. I'd be surprised if most people get to a game before Christmas. Blind loyalty is exactly what it's about just now if you want to have a club to support when this eventually ends. I've said it on this thread about 10 times but I honestly don't know what folk want the club to say in a statement.
    Totally agree. If you can afford it and are willing to buy a season ticket to help the club in this current climate knowing full well we may not set foot into Tannadice to next year then do so. If not then don't , nobody should be judging either way .
    Pretty hard for the club to make any sort of statement when the government it self has to be very cautious in the next few months over lifting the lockdown.
    At least we're back where we belong in the top league. Could have been worse. If the Bigot Bros had been neck and neck the whole season 19-20 would have been voided IMHO and we would have been stuck in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    At least we're back where we belong in the top league. Could have been worse. If the Bigot Bros had been neck and neck the whole season 19-20 would have been voided IMHO and we would have been stuck in the championship.

This is very true if The Rangers had done their job we would still be a Championship club.To make matters worse we would be at the mercy of teams like Alloa and Arbroath who may not wish to play a game behind closed doors this year.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Totally agree. If you can afford it and are willing to buy a season ticket to help the club in this current climate knowing full well we may not set foot into Tannadice to next year then do so. If not then don't , nobody should be judging either way .
    Pretty hard for the club to make any sort of statement when the government it self has to be very cautious in the next few months over lifting the lockdown.
    Yeah bet your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Sorry mate it was a daft example my insurance company reimbursed both my wife and I a few weeks back without being asked by way of acknowledgement that our cars wld not be used as much as previously.
    Well mine certainly hasn't and neither has anyone I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadice82 View Post
    How so? It seems to have boosted their short term cash flow by increasing sales, at the expense of a reduction in gate receipts when fans are allowed back in again. Why would it affect them in six months? I would imagine it's a calculated decision, although I obviously I can't speak for their board.

If United do need the fans money just now, then I think they could do more to offer assurance to people that they are getting some sort of value, rather than must pretending its business as usual, its in both United and the fans best interests.

If United don't need the fans money, well why should anyone bother. The majority of the season ticket money goes to well paid young men, the majority of whom earn more than the average fan, being bankrolled by a millionaire owner who's looking to make a profit.

There are some fans who will be happy for united to take their money, wanting absolutely nothing in return, and I've a lot of respect for them. For a lot of fans that won't cut the mustard though, and I don't think United can afford to ignore them.
    Personally I think it is a desperate measure by Hearts and not a calculated risk but I guess we will see in 6 months time. I would suggest that the financial sh1t storm which is about to engulf the country means that there is absolutely no doubt that United need the money.

And assure you jj mine has. 👍

Well mine certainly hasn't and neither has anyone I know.
    I’m with admiral mate. Check their website. 👍

I’m with admiral mate. Check their website. 👍
    I go for the cheapest one mate, probably a false economy.

I’m with admiral mate. Check their website. ��
    I'm with Admiral too and got a £25 cash amount put in my account last week but I think it's more of a loyalty thing than a rebate for not being able to use your vehicle.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)