+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Who renewing/getting season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadice82 View Post
    I haven't renewed yet, I probably will at the deadline as the price goes up so much.

What has put me off so far is the way United are treating it as if everything is normal, just give us your money. The slogan used is "Join us in the Premiership" which is clearly very unlikely just now. Other clubs have communicated with their fans to say either they will make sure that they get their moneys worth from the season (future credits etc) or at least showing a bit of gratitude/understanding of the fan's situation.

United have so far totally ignored the fact that fans are very unlikely to be allowed admittance any time soon, refused to reply to social media queries (I'm assuming their admins have been told not to), and appear to be banking on people just buying them before the price goes up dramatically in mid June. It feels like the only important thing to United is getting money from the fans rather than making any sort of acknowledgement of the situation or financial sacrifice fans are potentially being asked to make.

That's what has so far put me off.
    Did you read the chairman's message when the season tickets were released? No way was that just 'treating everything as normal'. It was full of appreciation and gratitude for what we did last season and acknowledged the problems going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Did you read the chairman's message when the season tickets were released? No way was that just 'treating everything as normal'. It was full of appreciation and gratitude for what we did last season and acknowledged the problems going forward.
    I did, yes. It was a good message, but it absolutely didn't touch on the fact that there is a good chance that fans won't be able to use their ticket. I just read over it again there in case I'd missed anything first time https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tic...irmans-message

It just feels to me like United are hoping people either won't notice (as unlikely as it seems, reading social media a lot of people seem to believe we'll be back to something approaching normality by August), or will show blind loyalty and hand over their cash. Plenty will, but I suspect plenty won't either. For me, probably acknowledging the situation, being honest with people that they may not be able to attend games for a while, and laying out any contingency plans that the club have put in place would go a long way.

Just my personal view, completely respect everyone has a different outlook and situation.

I did, yes. It was a good message, but it absolutely didn't touch on the fact that there is a good chance that fans won't be able to use their ticket. I just read over it again there in case I'd missed anything first time https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tic...irmans-message

It just feels to me like United are hoping people either won't notice (as unlikely as it seems, reading social media a lot of people seem to believe we'll be back to something approaching normality by August), or will show blind loyalty and hand over their cash. Plenty will, but I suspect plenty won't either. For me, probably acknowledging the situation, being honest with people that they may not be able to attend games for a while, and laying out any contingency plans that the club have put in place would go a long way.

Just my personal view, completely respect everyone has a different outlook and situation.
    There is no way things will be back to anything like normal in August. I'd be surprised if most people get to a game before Christmas. Blind loyalty is exactly what it's about just now if you want to have a club to support when this eventually ends. I've said it on this thread about 10 times but I honestly don't know what folk want the club to say in a statement.

Don't think the chairman's message at the time acknowledged very much if I'm being honest. It touched on the subject and no more. I was expecting more then and like T82, have been a bit surprised that we've heard nothing since. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I agree with the thought that it's very difficult for the club to commit to any statement (above that already made) when they have no clue what the future will be like. Personally I don't want money back or game credits and, honestly, I'd be a little disappointed if the club said I'd be getting them for missed games.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with the thought that it's very difficult for the club to commit to any statement (above that already made) when they have no clue what the future will be like. Personally I don't want money back or game credits and, honestly, I'd be a little disappointed if the club said I'd be getting them for missed games.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    At the end of the day, like I've said before, if you have reservations about buying, then don't buy. The only issue is that guys are going to want to take advantage of the early bird scheme, so I guess if there was to be a statement of some sort, it would be nice to have it out before the end of the early bird period. Personally I think there will be 2/3 months minimum of closed door games, so everyone should recognise the risk involved in parting with their cash and no one should feel pressured into buying a ticket if they don't want to. These are unprecedented times for everyone. Its looking to me like pay at the gate (if we get into games this year), then a half season ticket is going to be the best value.

Here's what a statement might look like...

What will happen in August? Dunno...
    Will we be able to get food at games? Dunno...
    What will happen with the toilet situation? Dunno...
    Will we get a refund on season tickets? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw...
    Will over 70s get to go to games? Dunno...
    Will families get to go to games together? Dunno...
    Will things be back to normal by Xmas?
    Mibbees aye, mibbees naw...
    Hope that clears things up.
    Mr O. ♥

I haven't renewed yet, I probably will at the deadline as the price goes up so much.

What has put me off so far is the way United are treating it as if everything is normal, just give us your money. The slogan used is "Join us in the Premiership" which is clearly very unlikely just now. Other clubs have communicated with their fans to say either they will make sure that they get their moneys worth from the season (future credits etc) or at least showing a bit of gratitude/understanding of the fan's situation.

That's what has so far put me off.
    Although I have purchased 3 season tickets I agree with this mate and have said something similar earlier in the thread. I do think this lack of communication will put a lot off from buying. Starving the club of much needed funding. I don’t buy into the idea either that they are not because no one knows what’s happening so they can’t issue one. As you have said other clubs have issued statements of reassurance to supporters to outline what is likely to happen when we can’t into watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Here's what a statement might look like...

What will happen in August? Dunno...
    Will we be able to get food at games? Dunno...
    What will happen with the toilet situation? Dunno...
    Will we get a refund on season tickets? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw...
    Will over 70s get to go to games? Dunno...
    Will families get to go to games together? Dunno...
    Will things be back to normal by Xmas?
    Mibbees aye, mibbees naw...
    Hope that clears things up.
    Mr O. ♥
    The club certainly can't make predictions about what will happen, and nobody would expect them too. There are a few assumptions that they can make though, one of the main ones being it is extremely likely games will be played behind closed doors for at least a portion of the season.

Working on that assumption, I think it's reasonable for the club to at least acknowledge that season tickets might be of greatly reduces value, rather than not even mention it. A simple acknowledgement of the situation fans are in, and some insights in the boards thoughts (i.e. Will season tickets carry over into next season as some clubs are doing, will it include some other incentive, are the club not in a position to offer anything just now but appreciate the support of the fans, etc) would go a long way with wavering potential buyers.

I think football as an industry (not just United by any means) have a real issue with taking fans for granted at time, assuming people will hand over their cash without question out of loyalty. Not even acknowledging the current situation but asking fans to buy tickets seems, to me at least, to be an example of that. Of course people can make their own minds up, but out of loyalty a lot of people will buy season tickets, and I don't think these fans are being treated well. I know others will disagree though, and that's fair enough.

I think the Hearts statement, as an example, was pretty good https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-a...season-tickets

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)