+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t:- diy

O/t:- diy

Just trying to keep spirits up. I've run out of things do do!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-04-2020 at 01:20 PM. Reason: tried to fix title to no avail

I'm glad to say I've just managed to track down the leaking water pipe that has seen damp gradually creeping up my kitchen wall. Let the dry out begin!

I have painted the gates and fencing at home, painted my allotment shed, I have joined ancestry UK and traced my family tree back to 1540 and my wife's also. I have done it for my Kiwi grandsons so they will know their English heritage. Quite enjoyed it and thank God for my allotment.

50 metres of fence stained several decks done veggie garden reignited 46 pints of Home brew made but now I discovered I have an allergy to unprocessed yeast so I cant drink it (drank 2 got sick ), built a shed cleared space for a fruit orchard chopped down 12 trees and burnt 8 or 9 of them already really think i should get onto the ancestry thing. NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just trying to keep spirits up. I've run out of things do do!
    You do know the dodo is extinct?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    50 metres of fence stained several decks done veggie garden reignited 46 pints of Home brew made but now I discovered I have an allergy to unprocessed yeast so I cant drink it (drank 2 got sick ), built a shed cleared space for a fruit orchard chopped down 12 trees and burnt 8 or 9 of them already really think i should get onto the ancestry thing. NEXT!
    You should Queeny, once you get it it is difficult to stop, plus you find out some strange things.
    My 4th great granddad was killed in a dynamite explosion at the pit. My 3rd great grandad on my mother's side did 12 months hard Labour for stealing pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    You do know the dodo is extinct?
    When did that happen, during lockdown? Seriously though, two weeks after painting the bathroom I've asked the wife if she wants me to do(do) it again.

Repaired the washing machine that just stopped working,flooded the utility as the pipe at the front had come off unbeknown to me.
    Was then lucky not to electrocute myself as the back of the machine was off & was checking everything was ok & forgot to knock the power off.
    Anyone seen the joke/video of the woman asking the husband to do a few jobs around the house to which he always replies with I'm not a Plumber etc... so the husband comes back in that evening the wife says got all those fixed by the neighbour. "Great" says the husband "what did that cost"? Wife said "It was bake a cake or have ***" Husband "What cake did you bake?" Wife "I'm not a baker"

Had some sleepers cut to size to replace about 18 steps in the garden, now B&Q are reopening I will probably get hold of the premixed gobbo I need to do it, no more excuses. Meanwhile tree stumps dug out, lawn repaired & dining room papered, be glad when my 12 week sentence is up & I can return to work for a rest.

I brought my 5 string banjo and guitar down from the loft, blew off the dust and tried to play. Rubbish – red wine and arthritus have taken their toll.
    I now try to play at 7.55pm on Thursdays, then rush to the front door. People are extremely generous with their applause. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast