+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 26th April 1997

26th April 1997

Can anybody rememba what happened that Day ?
    I remember after 6 pm i started gerrin blurred vision

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Can anybody rememba what happened that Day ?
    I remember after 6 pm i started gerrin blurred vision
    We wo all ruerrin.

Ruerrin wi emotion or ruerrin drunk, mooast wo both at some time that Setdi evening.

I woke up next morning on my living room floor still fully clothed .

I don't know how much I put away before and after that day but it was extreme , to say the least .

Peel Square was tremendous after the game .

One of the greatest days of my life .

" Marcelle goes for the glory and gets it "

It was a strange day to start with , grey n miserable with continuous drizzle , i arrived in town around 11 o'clock feeling nervous , Chennels was packed by then, after a few beers we set off earlier than usual , we got to ground around 2pm , ground was pretty full at that time , it wernt the best of games i thought probably nerves on and off pitch ? Wilkos goal steady things a little , however Bradford could and possibly should have equalised , they had numerous chances , i was directly behind Eadens shot that hit the far post , it looked a certain goal , in the end Clint finished the job " Barnsley are in the Premiership " tears and emotions flowed long into the night , we had our first pint in White Hart then on to Chennels , Pete hade the TV screens on hold showing us a being promoted , the sun had come out on are way back to town , and continued to stay out , visits to the Theatre on Wellington St and that night club ? Warra strange great day indeed , a was as drunk as a cart Wheel

A day that will never be repeated

Av just watched DVD onnit , ruerin wia lump in mi throyit , warra day that wa , best ivva follorint Reds ,
    follard by
    JPT Final another great day
    Millwall in P Offs
    Cardiff int Semi Final
    Swansea at millennium stadium , too far tu travel enjoyed it tho

Memories of that day, emotions all over place. Shoulda been 3 up by half time. So easily could gone behind. Then a glint of Clint and it was all over. Shouted and sang mesen horse, then drunk like one.
    Worry a day!
    Looking forward to a repeat next season cos were gonna stay up. Believe!
    COYR Stay safe everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Memories of that day, emotions all over place. Shoulda been 3 up by half time. So easily could gone behind. Then a glint of Clint and it was all over. Shouted and sang mesen horse, then drunk like one.
    Worry a day!
    Looking forward to a repeat next season cos were gonna stay up. Believe!
    COYR Stay safe everybody.
    A wo wi thi until that bit near the end Olias.
    Cabin fever is kicking in.

Aww lads, I really wanted to be part of this thread today.... and I remember it well, just about. .

I WAS there on that drizzly day back in Apr '97, and I had way toooo many beers on the night. In fact I cant even remember what I did or even thought that night, and during the usual Sunday morning hangover time as well lol, I was so smashed.

Whatever happened to Ole Bjorn Sundgot eh, we all should buy him a pint for fluffing it so badly in front of goal like he did.

Last edited by Acido; 26-04-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Hey we all seem to like Chris Kammy dont we, but remember he was the Bradford manager on the day and he wanted to deny us promotion as best he could. But I always like to see this from the other side, and remember they were in a right relegation scrap on the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast