+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 26th April 1997

23 years on and I've only just realised Blunts manager Chris Wilder was in the City team that day .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    23 years on and I've only just realised Blunts manager Chris Wilder was in the City team that day .
    Is that right eh kid ? lol.
    I didnt know Chris Wilder was a Bradford player on the day.

Hey lads just in case we'd only drawn (or even lost) with Bradford on the day, and with Wolverhampton sniffing around as well, what do we think we'd have done at Oxford on the final day, if we needed a positive result ?.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I didn't know that either , what position did he use to play ? Remember Chris Kamara being their Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is that right eh kid ? lol.
    I didnt know Chris Wilder was a Bradford player on the day.

Hey lads just in case we'd only drawn (or even lost) with Bradford on the day, and with Wolverhampton sniffing around as well, what do we think we'd have done at Oxford on the final day, if we needed a positive result ?.
    Arr Widda gon theer and won

Some great photos in the link from that memorable day and from the last game at Oxford .......... cough !!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barnsl...58987248/page1

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Aww lads, I really wanted to be part of this thread today.... and I remember it well, just about. .

I WAS there on that drizzly day back in Apr '97, and I had way toooo many beers on the night. In fact I cant even remember what I did or even thought that night, and during the usual Sunday morning hangover time as well lol, I was so smashed.

Whatever happened to Ole Bjorn Sundgot eh, we all should buy him a pint for fluffing it so badly in front of goal like he did.

Watha int Bradfud end Acido !!

Err no senor, I was NOT lol.
    I was in the old West stand, not too far from the tunnel which they used to run out to.
    It was funny on the day watching Toby muck about with the presenter Gabriel Clarke. He kept having to stop and do it all again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12